Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Streimel

lucky2111

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:19 pm
What occasion do chassidish men wear their streimels ? I saw some in videos of the siyum in the prudential center on Sunday night. I thought it was just worn on shabbos, Motzei shabbos, Yom tov, and weddings of immediate family. I see sometimes at a hachnasas Sefer Torah. Would love to know more .

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:21 pm
lucky2111 wrote:
What occasion do chassidish men wear their streimels ? I saw some in videos of the siyum in the prudential center on Sunday night. I thought it was just worn on shabbos, Motzei shabbos, Yom tov, and weddings of immediate family. I see sometimes at a hachnasas Sefer Torah. Would love to know more .

Generally, family members of the ones giving it , or chassidim of the Rebbe , if it is a Rebbe giving it..

Ruchel

Post Yesterday at 3:11 am
Rav Rottenberg of Paris wore at the end of shabbes iirc

m-u-a-mama

Post Yesterday at 4:38 am
cnc wrote:
Generally, family members of the ones giving it , or chassidim of the Rebbe , if it is a Rebbe giving it..

This. If it’s a Simcha to them, same as people wearing Shabbos clothes if they give a Sefer torah

m-u-a-mama

Post Yesterday at 4:39 am
Also Shushan Purim (some chassidim not all)

daughterofgod

Post Yesterday at 5:11 am
Shabbos yom tov
And any really close simcha that is like a yom tov to them.
Such as certain family simchos and certain celebrations.
And to greet moshiach iyh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics