Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
WW challah recipe for bread machine



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 2:36 pm
ISO fluffy WW challah recipe with honey instead of sugar that can be made in bread machine on custom cycle.

Anyone have?
Back to top

amother
Iris


 

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 2:50 pm
4 and 3/4 cups flour (love shibolim or grain brain white whole wheat) tapped down
1/4 cup oats
3 eggs
3 tbs vital wheat gluten
2 and 1/4 instant yeast
Into 1 and 1/2 cups warm water with a drop of honey
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup evo
1 tsp salt
Bread machine on dough setting
Braid and egg
Rise half hour in warm oven (preheat to 170 and then shut off)
Bake 20 minutes on 350

I make this every week for years and still get compliments each time Smile
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 3:10 pm
amother Iris wrote:
4 and 3/4 cups flour (love shibolim or grain brain white whole wheat) tapped down
1/4 cup oats
3 eggs
3 tbs vital wheat gluten
2 and 1/4 instant yeast
Into 1 and 1/2 cups warm water with a drop of honey
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup evo
1 tsp salt
Bread machine on dough setting
Braid and egg
Rise half hour in warm oven (preheat to 170 and then shut off)
Bake 20 minutes on 350

I make this every week for years and still get compliments each time Smile


Thanks for sharing!

Couple of questions:
What’s evo?
Also can be made without evo and wheat vital?
If I’m ok skipping braiding, can the machine bake it for me? I can add custom setting for the next rise and bake time?
Back to top

amother
NeonGreen


 

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 3:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for sharing!

Couple of questions:
What’s evo?
Also can be made without evo and wheat vital?
If I’m ok skipping braiding, can the machine bake it for me? I can add custom setting for the next rise and bake time?


Evo stands for extra virgin olive oil
Back to top

amother
Iris


 

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 3:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for sharing!

Couple of questions:
What’s evo?
Also can be made without evo and wheat vital?
If I’m ok skipping braiding, can the machine bake it for me? I can add custom setting for the next rise and bake time?

Extra virgin olive oil, But any oil works really.
You can try skipping the wheat gluten, but it won't have that same good chewy texture and it won't rise as nicely. But if you want try it, I would do 2 eggs and one egg white instead of 3.
It will definitely work in the bread machine as long as it's a big enough machine to hold the whole thing through baking. Good luck!
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 5:25 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Extra virgin olive oil, But any oil works really.
You can try skipping the wheat gluten, but it won't have that same good chewy texture and it won't rise as nicely. But if you want try it, I would do 2 eggs and one egg white instead of 3.
It will definitely work in the bread machine as long as it's a big enough machine to hold the whole thing through baking. Good luck!


Thanks!
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How do I sharpen challah knife?
by amother
0 Today at 8:00 pm View last post
Challah in bread machine
by amother
10 Today at 10:26 am View last post
Bobov cookbook recipe
by amother
0 Fri, Jul 12 2024, 9:55 am View last post
Shredded veggie kugel recipe 0 Wed, Jul 10 2024, 3:20 pm View last post
Washing sneakers in washing machine
by amother
2 Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:40 am View last post