Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Coconut water

honey36

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 1:58 pm
I am currently EBF by 2 month old and always so thirsty even though I drink tons of water. I bought a big case of coconut water from Costco thinking it would hydrate me better than water.

Didn't realize it would taste so gross. I thought it would just have a coconut taste like coconut milk or oil which I actually like, but it has a very sickly sweet taste! I can barely get down a cup of it.

Any suggestions for what I can mix it with to make it more palatable?

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 2:02 pm
honey36 wrote:
I am currently EBF by 2 month old and always so thirsty even though I drink tons of water. I bought a big case of coconut water from Costco thinking it would hydrate me better than water.

Didn't realize it would taste so gross. I thought it would just have a coconut taste like coconut milk or oil which I actually like, but it has a very sickly sweet taste! I can barely get down a cup of it.

I love it but only if it’s freezing cold. it’s strange taste at first but then u get used to it but def has to b rly cold to taste good

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 4:18 pm
I mix it with grape juice. 1/3 grape 2/3 coconut. Then reduce the grape percentage as you get used to the taste.

Also some brands taste better than others.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 4:56 pm
We like it straight out of the coconut. However, if it's in the container, chill it. The colder, the better!

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 6:02 pm
It's definitely an acquired taste. I drink it very cold, and in small doses. You could probably use it in a smoothie to really hide the taste completely.

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 6:04 pm
Try coconut water from trader joe fridge. Its pink cold and yum. Definitely better than Costco

amother
Nasturtium

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 6:08 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
Try coconut water from trader joe fridge. Its pink cold and yum. Definitely better than Costco

I wonder if Trader Joe's is actually Harmless Harvest. Also pinkish. That's the one I use. Much better than the others.

BmoreBubby

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 12:37 pm
honey36 wrote:

In addition to what others wrote about drinking it chilled, note that coconut water from Thailand is sweeter than from other countries. In fact, I've noticed that when it's from other countries they usually add sugar. But either way (with or without added sugar), like any fruit juice it contains a lot of sugar and is actually harmful to health. Just like orange juice or apple juice, it's harmful to the liver if you have more than a small amount at a time. Should be used as a treat not for hydration.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:37 pm
For sure have it cold.
I mix it with water - half and half - for before a fast. And add some lemon juice and a bit of sugar maybe? I forgot. But something like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise