Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why are people caking on the makeup???????????

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:45 am
I don't get it, I see a lot of ladies (not just the young marrieds) wearing way too much makeup. Racoon eyes from too much eye liner and plasticky skin from too much foundation. It is just gross looking. I don't get why people do this! If you're in your thirties and forties you should not be wearing thick makeup and super trendy sheitels in unnatural shades. I mean, even in your twenties you shouldn't, but it is especially weird looking on women who are a bit older! Clown

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:58 am
Many women neglect themselves, or would do it if they didn't have a job (ever seen what many working women look like on the week end?? even at shul??).
Many women fight this tendancy by doing too much, because they don't have the bestest taste in make up and fashion. They don't realize how they look. They don't see the frontier between "we see nothing so I'm losing my time" and "this is too much".

Also an occasional faux-pas can happen to anyone, including a professional. Maybe you saw the person on this bad day. Or the eye liner leaked.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 3:20 pm
Not every woman can apply makeup correctly and many do it in terrible lighting which makes it harder to apply makeup naturally. Also some women have very bad and broken out skin and they think that a heavier layer of foundation will cover it more effectively. Some women, I've learnt don't even realize how much makeup they wear since they are so used to smearing so much on. I've had women come to me to buy a face of makeup and ask me to do them over naturally and when I do, they say that's not natural! I add more colors and heavier makeup and all of a sudden they feel like themselves. shock

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 12:41 pm
lol, I know what u mean lady godiva...
my motto is "less is more". when ppl. have pimples, and want me to really cover it up, I make sure it looks nice and natural, but I always tell them the more you cake it up, the worse it looks..

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 7:07 pm
Why did my SIL show up to Zaidy’s funeral with 11 bangles like a women from pakistan

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 7:10 pm
maybe zeidy gave her those bangles.

bde for your zeidy btw, I'm sure he would prefer you focus on other things in his memory though.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 8:22 pm
amother wrote:
Why did my SIL show up to Zaidy’s funeral with 11 bangles like a women from pakistan

What the heck???
By the way, I wear bangles, lots of em. As a matter of fact I have six on right now and I sure am not from Pakistan...
Oh, and it's "a womAn" not "a women".
Sorry about your Zaidy...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics