Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you think you're pretty?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:13 pm
I used to think I was, now I just feel I'm short, fat, and ugly. I was always short Wink .

happyone

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:13 pm
Buy yourself some good makeup, treat yourself to a facial, massage, manicure and pedicure. Go out and buy some good pairs of heels.

After you've treated yourself and pampered yourself a bit, you might appreciate the real you.

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:14 pm
I guess before I had kids I was prettier.

But I still think I'm pretty.

But believe me, there are days when I feel really ugly.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:03 pm
sometimes I feel pretty, somtimes I feel ugly. I always feel great after a mani, pedi and waxing!!

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:23 pm
a lot of it depends on how much sleep I've got. If I'm well rested, I tend to look nicer. otherwise I can look like a monster. Exploding anger

yaminsmom

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 7:29 am
I find proper grooming and stuff makes me look and feel pretty. if I havent showered or am not wearing any makeup and im still in pjs then I dont feel pretty but when im showered and shaved ( and I mean the more places you shave as well) and if u do ur nails eye brows whatever and makeup and wear nice clothes then u feel good. I guess the wya I look at it is the more time I spend primping myself the prettier I feel. problem is with a kid you dont always have the time.

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 8:50 am
Im in my 9th month now so I feel all jiggly and round, but I feel my prettiest when I manage to get some sleep and when I put on nice makeup, outfit (or nice pjs Wink) I have decided to get some nice heels or wedges to wear for after having the baby because those always make me feel pretty.

cuteson

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 9:30 am
When I'm well dressed, makeup on, pretty shoes, nice sheitel, Skinny.....yes that's when I feel pretty, but it's just for me could be I'm totally not it's just my mind or atleast I think this way

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 9:42 am
I think every woman can look pretty when she is taken care of. Nobody looks perfect naturally (at least almost nobody...) and venting here might make you feel a bit better but I think it's more likely to bring about self pity. Instead, if you feel short fat and ugly, you can feel better with some heels and lengthening clothing like monochromatic outfittng (for short), watching what you eat and an excersize regimen (for fat), and wearing a bit of makeup to accentuate your beauty (for ugly).
Good luck.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:27 am
I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder

If you look at yourself in the morning and say I am beautiful, you feel beautiful.

Let's face it we all get tired and feel yucky and we look yucky and everyone can tell we are tired.

Do something for yourself, try to perk yourself up Smile Everyone is beautiful in their own special, individual way. I do not see myself as beautiful, but I know that I am the best person I can be. I know that my dh thinks I am beautiful and my children do also. I think it's ok to see ourselves as an imperfect person, because in reality no one is perfect.. Except in the movies.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:33 am
let me check:

"mirror mirror on the wall - whose the fairest one of all"

I'll let you know when I get an answer ... Wink Mr. Green

flowerpower

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:24 am
Um, um, you know I really don't know. Greenie- can I borrow that mirrow when you are done?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:39 am
I think I am very pretty, even beautiful. I would be even more so if I lost about 30-40 lbs. Sigh. And I don't feel so beautiful in my sheital the whole time. I know I look better in my hair.

Just look at my face, not my body.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
I think I am very pretty, even beautiful. I would be even more so if I lost about 30-40 lbs. Sigh. And I don't feel so beautiful in my sheital the whole time. I know I look better in my hair.

Just look at my face, not my body.

Roses are always pretty no matter what color, size, or shape.

shosh

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:42 am
Some time ago, after going through a lot of stress, I noticed how tired and pale I was, so I started putting on makeup. I found it did so much for me. I also bought new clothes - a few inexpensive but nice looking items - and got a decent sheitel, and it did wonders for my appearance!

The other tip I got from a friend that I saw really worked - buy a very good bra and you'll see the difference it makes to your figure!

bubby

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:42 am
The best I can hope for is only 1 paper bag on my head when I go out. If I need 2 in case one rips I know I'm in bad shape. Rolling Eyes I don't want to frighten dogs & small children. Wink

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:46 am
flowerpower wrote:
Um, um, you know I really don't know. Greenie- can I borrow that mirrow when you are done?

sure but which one of us will be snowwhite and whom will be the witch ... ya ha ha Twisted Evil

bubby

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:46 am
Speaking of short, my DD who is really tall, asked my mother, who is tiny, if she'd always been little. Answer: "No, I shrunk in the wash." LOL

If you really hate your appearance make some little changes...new makeup, a barrette or something for a long sheitel, brighter lipstick, a flattering color shirt. Don't get hung up on it, women in sheitels always look younger than they are.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:51 am
bubby wrote:
. Don't get hung up on it, women in sheitels always look younger than they are.

they do ?!?!?! Scratching Head shock not to me shock

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 11:52 am
let me remind u all that my makeup sale is still going on.. pm me for details!

( I posted it here, just in case someone gets some inspiration and decided to get a new lipstick, or beautiful eyeshadow... or anything!)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics