Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby is soooo clingy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 8:54 am
I’m losing my mind. My 10 month old won’t stop crying for me to hold her. She spends at least half of her day screaming her head off. I feel so bad for her but there’s no way I can hold her all day. I have things to do and places to be that are more important than holding her for the 3rd time after I’ve just held her for an hour straight.

No, she’s not in pain, she’s not tired, she’s not hungry, she’s not ANYTHING. She just wants me to hold her. The moment she’s in my arms she starts smiling and talking.

What do I dooo????

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:29 am
I have the same thing. I can’t get anything done. People just remind me it’s a phase so that helps me. Sometime I try and get someone to come hold her for me for 3 hours so I can get something done!

It’s rough. But it’ll pass… or so they tell me.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:42 am
People speak of 'wearing the baby'? In the front, so she can see your face. In a baby carrier.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:45 am
OMG same. I think it's like a sudden fit of separation anxiety. 10 months old. Last few days so far. The shrieking is intense. I hope it stops soon, people saying it's just a phase how long did this phase last?!!! I have no life right now. Yes yes holding my delicious baby is the best thing in the world but also a person needs to eat without having things grabbed and flung and it's nice to use the bathroom alone too occasionally.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:45 am
I have the same thing with my 10mo also. She gets hysterical if I even dare to walk away from her for a minute

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:46 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
People speak of 'wearing the baby'? In the front, so she can see your face. In a baby carrier.

My 10 month old is too big for that. And yes I have a toddler sized carrier, he can fit in it in a back carry for a stroll but he definitely can't do front and he doesn't want to be stuck on my back if we're not going anywhere.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 9:50 am
Sigh. Nine / ten months of age is exactly the 'stranger anxiety' and 'mommy disappears if I can't see her' moment.

Their minds have developed to conceptualize disappearing, and also a person not being family.

In another month they will get the point that what they can't see, does still exist.

This is normal human development and no baby escapes it. None of them like it. It is teething of the mind. Ouch. And it has to play out.

Games of peek-a-boo help with 'object permanence.'

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:07 am
Thank you everyone who replied, I appreciate it!

Is there any way I can make it easier for her while she thinks I’m “away”? I’m talking about me just “going to the laundry room to put her stuff in the hamper” type of away

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 10:18 am
Oh my- I'm going through the EXACT same thing with my 10 month old. I can't even drink a cup of water without it being pulled and her little fingers in my cup.
But I know it will pass. They grow up so fast. My older kids are getting so big and I wish they would let me just hug and kiss them. My two teenagers are going through their own struggles and hard times. As a mother there isn't much to do besides cry along with their pain and daven for them .

So although it isn't easy- one day you'll wish you can just hold them tight. You'll wish with just a hug you can get them to smile and laugh again.

So hang in and enjoy these precious moments

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you everyone who replied, I appreciate it!

Is there any way I can make it easier for her while she thinks I’m “away”? I’m talking about me just “going to the laundry room to put her stuff in the hamper” type of away

No.

Keep a laundry bag in that room. When you are doing laundry, go get it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:24 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
No.

Keep a laundry bag in that room. When you are doing laundry, go get it.

I was just giving an example. But these are things that happen every day that can’t be avoided.

Btw, I was just trying to simplify the example lol. but I do keep a small hamper in her room and then I take her stuff to be washed and then she gets mad

My point is, there are things I have to do that can’t be avoided and she won’t see me for like 2 minutes.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:38 am
This is literally my life right now. So so hard...my baby keeps chasing me and pulling at my skirt. I literally can't do anything. Yesterday I was trying to make food while holding him ....turns out it wasnt the best idea he ended up pulling a glass plate down and big cleanup time for me Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics