Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
  1  2  3  15  16  17  Next



Post new topic    View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:30 pm
What is everyone doing with this new info?
Back to top

amother
Cantaloupe


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:33 pm
What’s the info?
Back to top

amother
Steel


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:35 pm
Camp is being delayed another week. Which means kids who are going to camp first half and to day camp 2nd half, and were already paying for full half of day camp and only getting 3 weeks, are now getting only 2 weeks of day camp and missing the rest.
They also have 2 weeks now with no camp or day camp and nowhere to go.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:48 pm
Do you know if the camp Is giving refunds easily for that extra week?
I'm at a loss with all this.
Back to top

cnc




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:49 pm
Why? What happened?
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 2:51 pm
The grounds aren't ready. They have a full week to make it ready! Did they only realize now the grounds won't be ready?
Back to top

amother
Diamond


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 3:34 pm
So frustrated. Did not plan on a week more of everyone home and bored.
Back to top

amother
Cobalt


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 4:31 pm
I heard not that long ago that they didnt have a pool yet.
Back to top

Hashem_Yaazor




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 4:42 pm
I don't know anything about this camp or delay but not having a pool ready cannot possibly be the only reason to do something so drastic that affects them financially as well.
Camps manage during the 9 days without pools.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 4:43 pm
Bump
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 5:39 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I don't know anything about this camp or delay but not having a pool ready cannot possibly be the only reason to do something so drastic that affects them financially as well.
Camps manage during the 9 days without pools.


It affects all of us financially.
Girls can goto camp without a pool
Back to top

amother
Hotpink


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 6:00 pm
I know a few girls that took jobs for 2nd half that won't be here on time!!
Bh my girls don't go to camp but it looks like it's going to be a big deal!
I feel bad for them!
Back to top

Hashem_Yaazor




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 6:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
It affects all of us financially.
Girls can goto camp without a pool

Of course, that's my point. I can't imagine that's the reason, or at least the sole one, they're doing something so drastic and last minute. As someone involved in organizational oversight, I'm sure there's more to the story than what amother cobalt mentioned...

So sorry for you. Summer is hard enough as is. Logistics, money.... And to then have a monkey wrench like this thrown in can make a hard situation so much worse.
Back to top

amother
Lemon


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 6:02 pm
Sounds like this camp is on shaky grounds.
Back to top

amother
Peachpuff


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:29 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
I know a few girls that took jobs for 2nd half that won't be here on time!!
Bh my girls don't go to camp but it looks like it's going to be a big deal!
I feel bad for them!
'

So sad, but if they committed to a job, they should go to that job.

The parents should get a refund of 1 week and take their kids home on time.
Back to top

amother
Charcoal


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:29 pm
The only reason I could think of for this is liability insurance for the new grounds not coming through yet.

There’s no way this would be about a swimming pool.

Girls planning on going to a different sleep away camp for second half are really stuck now.

I have no idea what my daughter is going to do for a full week after every single one of her friends plus her sisters leave to camp on July 2-3.

Not to mention I live very far from the new grounds and am now stuck with a useless non refundable plane ticket for July 3rd.
Back to top

amother
Ginger


 

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:09 pm
I know that there are camp malka staff members making their own camp (machane racket lake LOL ) second half. I wonder how that's going affect it
Back to top

forreal




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 3:10 pm
I don't know what they were thinking bc it is only a first half camp.
Everyone there has second plans that are going to conflict with the date changes.

Did anyone hear back from them?

I emailed them yesterday and they said they would get back to me within 24 hours.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:02 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
The only reason I could think of for this is liability insurance for the new grounds not coming through yet.

There’s no way this would be about a swimming pool.

Girls planning on going to a different sleep away camp for second half are really stuck now.

I have no idea what my daughter is going to do for a full week after every single one of her friends plus her sisters leave to camp on July 2-3.

Not to mention I live very far from the new grounds and am now stuck with a useless non refundable plane ticket for July 3rd.


Oh my! I did not think about the people flying in. Will you be asking the camp for some compensation?

Alsonwhy wouldn't they tell us the reason for not opening? Especially if it is a legitimate reason
Back to top

amother
Dill


 

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 8:14 am
Horrible. My daughter has a job second half so she will need to leave a week early. And what is she going to be doing for an extra week prior to camp? All her friends will be in camp or working. So irresponsible. If it’s about renovating, surely the right amount of money can get enough workers to have it ready in time.
Back to top
Page 1 of 17   1  2  3  15  16  17  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic       Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Camp Bais Yaakov
by amother
8 Today at 3:41 am View last post
The sleepover, sleepaway camp safety conversation
by amother
0 Today at 1:06 am View last post
Camp Fay-gah Memories!
by amother
15 Yesterday at 10:10 pm View last post
S/o camp malka- what's the BIG DEAL???
by amother
27 Yesterday at 3:50 pm View last post
Camp malka only open one half
by amother
10 Yesterday at 12:16 pm View last post