Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Mariam
Previous  1  2  3

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 3:54 am
Ruchel wrote:
Sure
Check on JRI POLAND
Marjam Mirjam = Marjema = Marja (that's for Poland)= Marya = Miriam
=Maria = Mary etc
also yes can be Sefardi

You can't use this as a source. I have a Rechil (Reish ayin chof yud lamed) listed variously as Rachel, ruchla, and rachela.

If I were going just by the records then I'd think her name was rochel, it's just recent enough that we know the actual name (and yes I know rechil comes from rochel but it's a different name)

Edit also I wonder if marya or marja is short for maryasha which is not either miriam.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:48 am
amother Darkblue wrote:
That’s like asking if tzivya and tzviyah are the same name.

I don’t know what you mean by that.
It’s a valid question.
Tzviya and Tzivya are two different names. They’re both from Tanach. Tzivya was the mother of one of the kings, her name is in Melachim. Tzviya is a female deer, the word is in Shir Hashirim.
A Jewish name is important and even the dots under the letters can make a difference. That’s why I suggested op speak to a rav.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:56 am
mushkamothers wrote:
You can't use this as a source. I have a Rechil (Reish ayin chof yud lamed) listed variously as Rachel, ruchla, and rachela.

If I were going just by the records then I'd think her name was rochel, it's just recent enough that we know the actual name (and yes I know rechil comes from rochel but it's a different name)

Edit also I wonder if marya or marja is short for maryasha which is not either miriam.

Maryasha comes from Miriam but is an independent name too so you'd need to see a ketuba
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names