Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Gatlingburg Tennessee

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:58 pm
If you have been there please share what activities you recommend (and what you don’t) tia 😊

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:39 pm
My husband wants to go there… wants to drive.. it’s 10 hours from where I live… not sure I want to travel that far… following this post for more info to see if it’s worth it.

I did google it and there is a chabad 50 miles away in Smokey mountains or something like that..

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:51 pm
They have mountain coasters, which are cute. They also have a really fun (and different) downtown and some nice hiking. I heard that Dollywood is supposed to be fun, as well. I don’t think I would stay longer than maybe 2-3 days max.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:12 pm
We went in the winter. It's a very touristy town so lots of things are expensive. I think if you go in the summer there should be lots of hiking things which obviously wouldn't cost anything. I tried to balance expensive things and free things so we went to the Island in Pigeon Forge the first day which is really fun to walk around and see all the shops there and there is really pretty water fountains in the middle. Then we let the kids choose one activity there which ended up being the big ferris wheel. There's also a little trolley which brings you from your car to the Island so that was exciting. The second day we did a mirror maze, which we had lots of fun in! When we found the exit we turned around and went back in, played hide n seek, etc to stretch out the fun and then went to the arts and crafts community and stopped in to some of the shops there. You can watch artists making their crafts. We especially enjoyed the pottery one. The last day we did a mountain coaster, there were some goats to see there as well. The hotel we stayed in was a resort so there were 2 pools, mini golf and ping pong/pool tables so we had what to do at our hotel also.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:15 pm
I recommend staying in pigeon forge
Horseback riding, atving, white water rafting, crime museum, titanic museum, jet skiing, hiking (clingsmans dome is a must but it’s not a real hike). There’s a lot going on at night and fun to just walk around

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 4:27 am
Thanks everyone!!! Please keep the replies coming 😊
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics