Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka
1  2  3  Next



Post new topic    View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:18 pm
What’s going on with the start of camp? All sorts or rumors flying around. That it’s not ready, they are moving to a hotel instead… anyone know what’s really happening?
Back to top

amother
Crocus


 

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:19 pm
Wondering the same. Heard all kinds of things…don’t even know what to believe anymore. But radio silence from the camp….
Back to top

amother
Lemonchiffon


 

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:47 pm
Following
Back to top

forreal




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:38 am
Everybody got an email that camp will be in a hotel. No info for how long.
Does anyone else have info?
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:45 am
I really feel bad for the Camp Malka staff, I've had amazing experiences there in the past.
But right now, they need to communicate better and let us know what the story is.

Pushing off camp due to "the new grounds not being ready" is unacceptable.
Switching to a hotel without a timeline or any more information is unacceptable.

They need to be transparent right now. They need to say the problem is ABC and w are working on it by doing XYZ. Camp is a fortune.

Pushing it off was beyond an "inconvenience" as they called it and very upsetting for the girls. This last minute change is really really upsetting.
Back to top

amother
Lemonchiffon


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:51 am
mizle10 wrote:
I really feel bad for the Camp Malka staff, I've had amazing experiences there in the past.
But right now, they need to communicate better and let us know what the story is.

Pushing off camp due to "the new grounds not being ready" is unacceptable.
Switching to a hotel without a timeline or any more information is unacceptable.

They need to be transparent right now. They need to say the problem is ABC and w are working on it by doing XYZ. Camp is a fortune.

Pushing it off was beyond an "inconvenience" as they called it and very upsetting for the girls. This last minute change is really really upsetting.


100%. My daughter was so anxious she almost backed out last night.
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:54 am
At the end of the day I hope everyone there is safe and has a great 4 weeks (wherever the camp lands)
Back to top

amother
Lightgreen


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:44 am
Im sure the camp owners feel horrible and are working day and night to do what they can. At the same time the parents and campers are left frustrated. I hope they have a good time in the hotel. Im sure it can be fun and a different type of experience.
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:52 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
Im sure the camp owners feel horrible and are working day and night to do what they can. At the same time the parents and campers are left frustrated. I hope they have a good time in the hotel. Im sure it can be fun and a different type of experience.


They need to COMMUNICATE.

Fun and different, maybe. Would you choose to spend $3000 on this experience?
Back to top

amother
Thistle


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:54 am
What happened to the beautiful grounds they were on the other years?
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:58 am
amother Thistle wrote:
What happened to the beautiful grounds they were on the other years?


They sold it
Back to top

amother
Celeste


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:01 am
Are they going to the hotel tomorrow?
Which hotel??
What a mess..:
Back to top

amother
Thistle


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:05 am
amother OP wrote:
They sold it


They were such a successful camp and it wasn't cheap. Why would they sell?
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:31 am
amother Celeste wrote:
Are they going to the hotel tomorrow?
Which hotel??
What a mess..:


They're at the hotel already. Camp started today.
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:31 am
amother Thistle wrote:
They were such a successful camp and it wasn't cheap. Why would they sell?


They bought new grounds and they're apparently still under construction.
Back to top

amother
Chocolate


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:34 am
mizle10 wrote:
They're at the hotel already. Camp started today.


Which hotel/ motel did they take them to??
How in the world does that even work, in terms of a kosher kitchen, eiruv, grounds, etc...
Back to top

amother
Lightgreen


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:36 am
the new grounds I heard, has much more space and their only opening first half now.
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:19 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
Which hotel/ motel did they take them to??
How in the world does that even work, in terms of a kosher kitchen, eiruv, grounds, etc...


Poconos resort and conference centre
Back to top

bsy




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:21 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Poconos resort and conference centre

I think novominsk once used this place a few years ago
Back to top

amother
DarkPurple


 

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:26 pm
New grounds didnt get their certification of occupancy yet. No running water. Staff slept in the hotel last night. 3 in a bed in one room since there was a bug on the other bed and blood mattresses.... this sounds dysfunctional
Back to top
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic       Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Camp Bais Yaakov
by amother
8 Today at 3:41 am View last post
The sleepover, sleepaway camp safety conversation
by amother
0 Today at 1:06 am View last post
Camp Fay-gah Memories!
by amother
15 Yesterday at 10:10 pm View last post
S/o camp malka- what's the BIG DEAL???
by amother
27 Yesterday at 3:50 pm View last post
Camp malka only open one half
by amother
10 Yesterday at 12:16 pm View last post