Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do you know what Quick Books is?

Tamiri

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 6:26 am
If I have been using Quicken to manage multiple accounts, including airline and hotel miles, cash, credit, checking etc. would you say I could do Quick Books easily?
Thanks.

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 6:46 am
I don't remember it being that hard to learn though I did not use it extensively.

Judging from previous posts I'll bet you could do it easily.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 6:48 am
There is a part time job offer where they are asking for Quick Book users. I don't know if I should apply.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 6:54 am
Is there an online Quick Books tutorial you can look at and see if it's something you can learn quickly?

red sea

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 10:01 am
If you use quicken I dont think it would be hard for you if you pick up qb unless you are the type for every little difference to throw you for a loop.

Fox

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 10:36 am
The real question is not how to use QuickBooks, but how complex their accounting structure is. If it's a very simple setup, then you could probably figure it out in your sleep. If they have a more complex structure (e.g., with subsiaries, multiple companies, loans between companies and subsidiaries, etc.), then they need someone who is not only familiar with QuickBooks, but has a lot of experience with accounting/advanced bookkeeping.

cuteson

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 11:42 am
I use quickbooks daily, it's a very easy program to learn, it's not complicated at all.

TightRopeWalker

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 11:59 am
I agree that QuickBooks is pretty user friendly. Fox's assesment is pretty accurate. Each company's needs will be different and will utilize different aspects of QuickBooks. Some most definitely easier than others. Your accounting knowledge may come into question. Most people can use Quickbooks on a basic level without any experience (although I have seen people mess it up pretty bad), but once things get complex are in over their heads.

bpgirl

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 12:16 pm
quickbooks is so so simple once you get the hang of it.
its not complicated and not confusing at all

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 1:05 pm
QB is extremely user friendly (maybe even more so than quicken)

However, I find that when you have a few different things you are trying to track, like you said airline miles, cc points, I think Quicken is more set up for that.

azoy

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 9:08 am
they're pretty different programs but easy to get used to.
I had two back to back jobs using each program, and the first job was obtained suddenly and I learned quickbooks on the spot.

just be upfront at the interview and tell them you know quicken and have no problem learning quickbooks. they may even pay for a seminar for you. Let them know if youre a fast learner on the computer too.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 9:13 am
Thank you everyone for your responses. I think I will apply; the worst that can happen is that they will ignore me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics