Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
The cheapest and reliable website online to order my bugaboo
1  2  Next

Elle

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 11:20 am
Hi, does anyone have any experience with buying strollers online? If you do, which website would you recommend? I see online the bugaboo cameleon 08 costs $899 (thats the latest right?). Is that the cheapest or can I get it for a better price?
Thanks.

happyone

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 11:33 am
I have no experience. But could someone please explain to me what a $900.00 stroller does better than a $250.00????

I must be real naive to think that my babies can be wheeled in an old fashion Maclaran, ,Perego, or anything else Rolling Eyes

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 11:51 am
I kinda wonder why someone who's getting a bugaboo is worried about the cheapest price for it. it is in no way worth whatever price they ask, and yes, the $200 stroller is equally functional generally speaking.

if you really want the bugaboo for a better price I advise you go on craigslist and get one secondhand.

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 1:38 pm
The OP didn't ask for snide remarks, so please keep them at bay. She just asked a simple question, so if you know the answer then post it. If not, feel free to start a topic in the controversial section of whether people should spend $800 on a stroller.
sheesh.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 1:45 pm
sorry, didn't mean to be snide, was just in a bad mood. but if worried about cost, I do seriously suggest craigslist.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 1:48 pm
In my own online searches for a double stroller, I've found that the various websites are all basically within the same price range. I think the biggest price gap was about $50.

And frankly, if you're willing to spend (or have someone spend on you) $900 for something, does $50 one way or the other really matter int he long run?

Instead, I would focus on finding the most reputable site or store to spend the $900 in. Who has the best customer service, delivery, repair policy, return policy, etc. Because frankly, I really wouldn't want to get stuck with a $900 lemon.

Also, I hope you're planning to go into a store and take the carriage for a 'test drive'. See for yourself how easily it folds, how compact it folds down to, how heavy or light is it, how heavy is it with the seat vs. the bassinet, etc.

mom2bsn

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 2:10 pm
I saw the bugaboo chameleon online for around $720..try googling it and see what you find..and yes even if you are spending that amount of money on a stroller saving $50 does make a difference

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 2:26 pm
mom2bsn wrote:
I saw the bugaboo chameleon online for around $720..try googling it and see what you find..and yes even if you are spending that amount of money on a stroller saving $50 does make a difference

You must be using some sort of new math where 50=180.

If you're going to be buying used or off ebay, just be aware that you get what you pay for. Many people are completely satisfied with what they get off Craigslist or ebay, but I know quite a number of people who have personally been burned.

HappyPurim

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 7:56 pm
happyone, why spend $250.00 when you can get a Graco for $89.00 it wheels the same too...

dillie

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 8:03 pm
In my experience, the heimishe stores have the best prices on strollers. Try calling Petit Pram in Cedarhurst and Oh Baby in Brooklyn. They ship all over.
I think you should consider buying it from a local store- you will inevitably need servicing and if you bought it locally the store will probably be very gracious about it.
Where do you live?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 8:22 pm
In defrense of the bugaboo, I want to say a few things.

Yes it does cost around 900 (these days I guess. I have the Bugaboo Frog and it cost around $700 three years ago.

HOWEVER:

-It doubles as a bassinet
-portable little playyard for the first few months
-all terrain (including sand! I live near the beach, and let me tell you, pushing a perego in the sand is NOT pleasant)
-Pram
-doubles as a stroller for when baby sits up
-is very versatile (baby faces away from you, baby can also face you, you can switch the handlebar from side to side on walks so that baby is never in the sun)
-And, it is incredibly durable. I've had mine for 3 years, I've traveled all over, and has been passed from child to child (and still drives exactly the same as a new one!)
-Can hold up to 40lbs (that's a four year old!_
-I've only ever had to have that ONE stroller, since when the older one outgrew it, it has an attatchment that older kids can ride on.

So I think it's a good investment. I LOVE mine.

I don't know where you can get a cheap one though. Like someone said, pretty much all websites charge around the same, so you may as well get it from somewhere that you can take it in if you have a problem...

Mommy007

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 8:24 pm
You should try The Baby Jungle on Ave. M in brooklyn. She is really sweet and I know she has sales a lot.

happyone

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 8:51 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
The OP didn't ask for snide remarks, so please keep them at bay. She just asked a simple question, so if you know the answer then post it. If not, feel free to start a topic in the controversial section of whether people should spend $800 on a stroller.
sheesh.

Did not mean to be snide at all --- all I want is a bit of information.

happyone

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 8:52 pm
HappyPurim wrote:
happyone, why spend $250.00 when you can get a Graco for $89.00 it wheels the same too...

True. When I'm up to buying a stroller, I'll do research on the qualities of other companies. Obviously the OP has done the research on the Bugaboo, which is why I asked that question.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 9:15 pm
First of all make sure its a 2008. In previous versions they were making the wheels differently.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 9:19 pm
dillie wrote:
In my experience, the heimishe stores have the best prices on strollers. Try calling Petit Pram in Cedarhurst and Oh Baby in Brooklyn. They ship all over.
I think you should consider buying it from a local store- you will inevitably need servicing and if you bought it locally the store will probably be very gracious about it.
Where do you live?

I love petit pram. I bought my mountain buggy there. they are so nice there & their cs is the best.

Elle

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 1:54 am
Thank you all for your help (and I'll choose to ignore the rest, I dont think I need to apologize about the stroller I want to buy, or about the fact that I still do want to save as much as I can on the same item, yes even $50 makes a difference)
But I really wanted to know if anyone had any experience with an online order and shipping and could recommend a specific site to purchase, since that is what I'll have to do.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 4:27 am
I have ordered (not a bugaboo, but other things) from this site before. I know many people who have and no problems.

http://www.albeebaby.com/bugaboo.html

karen berzon

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 4:47 am
I bought a stroller once on strollers.com - and was very pleased.

Elle

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 5:03 am
Thanks a lot!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics