Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Dreams for your Kids

Motek

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 6:15 pm
What do you want for your children?

What do you pray for, for them?

What do you hope they'll be like when they're grown-up?

What would give you nachas from them?

proudmom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 6:44 pm
For them to be happy healthy in every way possibele and follow in the way of Hashem

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 1:31 am
Better than thier mother for sure! Aidel, chassidishe mentshen That the closeness we have now as a fam should remain like that thru changes in their life. And when in doubt ask only parents,rav or mashpia
Twisted Evil and NOT a WHOLE FORUM OF PEOPLE Twisted Evil

The truth is this site is a lifesaver for my sanity, and learning new things everyday interacting with people.... I never would get a chance normally to Thank you yael Wink

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 9:02 am
[quote="freilich"] Aidel, chassidishe mentshen

thanx freilich, you said it very well for me too.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:19 pm
Quote:

That they be gezunt and bsimchadik. And not make any stupid mistakes in their path of growing up

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 7:01 am
amother wrote:
Quote:

That they be gezunt and bsimchadik. And not make any stupid mistakes in their path of growing up

How will they learn.

Healthy, yiras shamayim chassidishe adults who care aboiut Am Yisroel

happy2beme

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 10:37 am
do u really want to know motek? Smile

is it crazy that when I bentch licht I daven for some things that aren't even shayach yet?

I daven that they have health, go in the torah way all their life, arichas yomim, marry their zivug, have healthy children, parnassah. be a ben torah or marry one.... it takes me awhile Smile

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 10:53 am
happy2beme wrote:
do u really want to know motek? Smile

is it crazy that when I bentch licht I daven for some things that aren't even shayach yet?

I daven that they have health, go in the torah way all their life, arichas yomim, marry their zivug, have healthy children, parnassah. be a ben torah or marry one.... it takes me awhile Smile

I also do.
I learned this from other tefilos.
There is the tefilas haShlah HaKadosh for children which you can say even before having children and it davens for everything for their whole lives.
Also there is a beautiful tefilla when the mother gives her son over to have his bris, which davens for his whole life up until his burial!
And the tefilla before the mikva you also daven for everything for the child you hope will be conceived that night.

happymom

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 11:35 am
Quote:

every body makes stupid mistakes..... I think that we as parents have to accept that and realize it happens cuz otherwise youll be too disapponted.....

anyways I want them to grow up to be be happy well adjusted adults who appreciate the bauty of yiddishkeit.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 1:09 pm
thx shalhevet.

where is that tefilla for the bris? doesn't ring any bells.

shayna82

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 1:17 pm
FOr my kids to grow up feeling a love for being a jew, and to ever feel like its a burden or a bother

To be respectful people, and respect others. to be honest, trustworthy and loving warm individuals.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 4:50 pm
I would like them to be good frum Jews who will raise good frum Jews and be proud of that, and avoid committing big mistakes while growing up, because it can spoil a whole life.

Then of course I want them to be happy, healthy, educated, good parnasa, intelligent, using the talents Hashem gave them... everything possible.
I also dream of having a son who is a rabbi. Smile

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 4:53 pm
happy2beme wrote:
thx shalhevet.

where is that tefilla for the bris? doesn't ring any bells.

We have it in a sefer (in Hebrew) called Habet Labris. And I've seen a number of mohels bring it with them for the mother to say.

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 4:51 am
To be happy, healthy and good Chosids of the Rebbe. To be happy with whatever they do, this is important to me I do not care if they stay in learning or go on Shalichas or get a career, the only thing that matters is that they are happy and that they always strive to improve themselves. To have some very good close friends that are always there for them and for them also to be very good friends. To be good husbands and good fathers.

happyone

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 7:23 am
Health and simchas hachayim.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Feb 18 2007, 9:20 pm
To be chassidim, yerei shomayim, lamdanim. Everything is in that. Smile
To be healthy, find good shidduchim, have sholom bayis, be blessed with many children and have bracha and hatzlacha in all their deeds, b'gashmius uv'ruchnius.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics