Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What's you schedule when you get home?

catonmylap

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 2:11 am
This is ds's second week in daycare, and I would like to hear how you organize your time when you get home.

The last few days ds has been so temperamental when I bring him home. He just wants to eat and cry. The day before yesterday he was so bad I put him to bed at 6pm. Last night he was better after I gave him a bath-maybe he was hot? Yesterday he had a 2.5 hour nap at daycare, so he shouldn't have been that tired. Every time I open the fridge he has a fit that he wants something to eat.

Food wise- do you feed the kids at 4pm? What do you give them if you are going to eat supper at 6pm? Or do I need to move supper up? Yesterday I fed him at 4pm and then again when we ate supper. He didn't eat much supper.

And attention wise- how do I give him enough attention and make supper, do laundry, and wash dishes at the same time? (I find the only time I can put up laundry and be awake when it needs to be hung or go in the dryer is if I start when I get home).

He's so happy at daycare that he seems to crash when he gets home. In the morning he runs to the front door or climbs in his stroller to tell us he wants to go out. This morning he brought me my bag because he was ready to go.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 6:03 am
catonmylap wrote:
Food wise- do you feed the kids at 4pm? What do you give them if you are going to eat supper at 6pm? Or do I need to move supper up? Yesterday I fed him at 4pm and then again when we ate supper. He didn't eat much supper.

And attention wise- how do I give him enough attention and make supper, do laundry, and wash dishes at the same time? (I find the only time I can put up laundry and be awake when it needs to be hung or go in the dryer is if I start when I get home).

He's so happy at daycare that he seems to crash when he gets home. In the morning he runs to the front door or climbs in his stroller to tell us he wants to go out. This morning he brought me my bag because he was ready to go.

What the supermoms do is ignore everything except the child, until he's in bed for the night. I worked with my first. I came home exhausted but knew that the first thing we had to do was eat and then get outside. I think it's a great idea to feed him when you get home, then give him something small later, then a bath, then early bed-time so you have a few hours at night to get everything taken care of. I would put laundry in at night, then hang it to dry in the am. There was no choice a lot of the time. I see mothers here come home, put in a load, then let it sit till they can get to the dryer or the lines. For meals, try and make enough Shabbat food to last till Tuesday or so, and then wing it till the next Shabbat. The baby doesn't care so much about his meals, he wants his Imma.
Part of the crash you are seeing is the let-down after all the stimulation of being in day care all day. It's very busy there. When he comes home, he probably needs time to readjust.

HooRYou

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 6:53 am
I don't know if this helps you (or possibly sounds crazy) but when I worked full-time outside of the house I put my washing machine on a Shabbos cloak. This way I could load it whenever I wanted but the washing would only finish either when I first woke up in the morning or when I came home from work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics