Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Knowing you're leaving

TightRopeWalker

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 10:46 am
I am currently expecting, and have told my boss that I am not returning after I give birth. I know I will ultimately have to look for another job, but at this point this was the best decision for me and my family. I am finding it extremely hard to go to work everyday. I'm a bit resentful for various reasons, and almost feel as if it would get easier if I could tell my boss. I wish I could leave ASAP, so I didn't have to deal with the awkwardness. Anyone ever been in this situation? Please pardon my venting.

Fox

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:30 pm
Try to keep motivated by reminding yourself that your last few months of work will be what your employer remembers most. If you stay productive and positive, he/she is likely to remember that you didn't "mentally resign" before your actual last day.

Even if you're not leaving on the greatest of terms, you never know how your relationship with your boss or coworkers might benefit you in the future. It's incredibly hard to find good employees, and I can remember many times when I implored my staff to try to think of anyone at all from their previous jobs, etc., who might be interested. "Networking" isn't always about knowing the big shots; sometimes it's about knowing the janitor!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics