Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet trained boy, making in pull-up

amother

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 6:17 pm
My son has been driving me nuts. During the day he rarely makes an accident, but as soon as he puts on his pull-up, he releases himself. I do not think he's ready for night time toilet training because of this. Each time he does it, he comes over to me and tells me that he wont do it again next time... ye right!
Just now he got into PJs and a little later I noticed that he smells dirty....it's the first time he did it before waking up in the morning. I'm going insane. Any advice?
Don't ask why I'm posting as amother. I have my reasons.

cindy324

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 6:49 pm
See, that's why I don't like the whole pull-up idea when toilet training. As much as the manufacturers say they are like big kid underwear, these kids know better! They look and feel like a diaper, I had the same problem. Why don't you try not putting on the pull ups until it's time to go to sleep.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 7:39 pm
it was time to go to sleep... less then a 1/2 hour before getting into bed.

uandme

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 9:07 am
depends how old he is?

I wouldn't be concerned. it's a lot of transitions. but I would make sure he doesn't feel so bad about it- like he said he wouldn't do it next time. if he feels ashamed or like he is not making you proud it can become an issue. I would just be accepting and let time pass, usually kids do this when they are really ready. night time takes a long time, espec. for boys, I think

sheshycoco

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 12:01 pm
The pullups are ridiculous, just look cute. My son wore the first step diapers when thy had just come out, he was tiny, it was cute, because some people thought I was actually toilet training him, yeah right under a year Smile, but they are exactly like the bigger pullups, and are more a convenience for the parents, im sure the child thinks it's a diaper.

raizy

Post Mon, Jan 02 2006, 9:41 pm
maybe your child is afraid to go let go in the bathroom. so dont go scold him if he makes in the pullup. if the pullup is the issue because it cost so much why dont u use plain pampers...

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 9:46 pm
yes, they feel like diapers, so many kids use them as them. Does your son go to the bathroom for #2? cuz he may just be holding himself in until he has on the diaper.
How old is hE? give him time. especially if most of the accidents are at night. that's normal (I think)

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 9:49 pm
My DD night-trained a year after she was day-trained. I let her do that all on her own, as I felt she had less control at night, there was nothing I could do to stop it.

sheshycoco

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 8:26 pm
Gosh, it's every woman's nightmare, my son is 18 months now, I;m not thinking about toilet training him yet, but I wonde rif he'll ever be ready, it's so hard, what is a good age, before 2 or after 2?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training