Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Question about wearing hats to Shul

sporty

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 2:55 pm
This may be a silly question. Does anyone ever wear a full Sheitel with a hat over it for Shul, so that when you go out to lunch after you can take your hat off and have your sheitel on for the afternoon (as opposed to wearing a hat fall)? Is it bad for the sheitel to have a hat on it for a few hours?

Lani22

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 2:59 pm
I dont think it would be good for the sheitle. I have brought my wig with me in a plastic bag and changed before lunch though (we have an eruv).

chaylizi

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 2:59 pm
the top of the shaitel might not look so nice when you take the hat off. I wouldn't do it now in any case. too hot.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 3:01 pm
Do you have to wear a hat to shul? Why not just wear the sheitel?

sporty

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 3:09 pm
I am thinking in advance for Rosh Hashana where we are eating out both lunches. I could go to a bathroom and change to the wig in the persons house, but I was thinking it might be easier if it was on and all I had to do was take off the hat. I was thinking that like regular hair after being under a hat, the sheitel might be flat but maybe all it would need is some shaking and fluffing. I would not want to do anything that would be bad for the sheitel though.

I dont know, I like wearing hats to Shul. Sometimes on Shabbos I go with just the sheitel, but in general I enjoy my hats.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics