Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Everyday Makeup

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:34 pm
What is the norm of everyday makeup wear? I know there are some who wear no makeup at all while others put on a full face and look like they're walking down the runway. But I don't think I ever got it right in the middle for myslef.

I go between putting on foundation, eye shadow and the whole shebang that goes w/ it, blush lipliner and lipstick to wearing just mascara, blush and lip gloss. When I wear the full face, I hate the heaviness of it and I hate clogging up my pores w/ a bunch of gook. Sometimes I also feel self-conscious and overdone. Now I wear the natural look of only mascara, blush and lip gloss but by the mid of the day the blush and lip gloss have slid off and I look pretty bare. Where's the middle line?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 12:30 am
everyone's middle line is somwhere else!!
for some, there is no middle line, they wear full fledged makeup every day. I have days where I am in no mood of putting on makeup. ( yes, I get tired of it sometimes, but love putting on for others!)

I take each day as it goes. I see how I am feeling that morning, I sometimes feel inspired, and create a nice new look, or I feel shlumpy and dumpy, and I feel like staying like that the whole day.. so I forgo my makeup. But sometimes I feel that putting on some makeup and making urself look nice helps u feel nice too!

The norm is just the amount u feel right in, noone can predict that for you.
But most ppl wear some foundation, mascara, blush, lipstick, or gloss.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 10:42 am
Like B&TB said, there is no norm. To every woman something else is normal. I'd suggest some tinted moisturizer (you can even mix a dot of your liquid foundation with some of your face moisturizer), a very soft color blush with just a hint of color (maybe try cream blush), mascara and lipstick.

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 3:26 pm
I wear a light powder foundation just to even out my skin tone, and blush. I wear either eyeshadow or liner on my top lid, and nothing on the bottom. During the summer, I don't wear lipstick at all since it's too uncomfortable for everyday wear.

pinkbubbles

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 4:00 pm
OP, I also fluctuate between the two.. sometimes I end up adding more eyeshadow or bronzer if I feel too bare, like when the lighter makeup starts to dissapear mid-day.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 4:02 pm
I learnt exactly what foundation is good for my skin, a good powder to finish it off, and other make up-what color and company is good for me. If you find the right stuff-no too heavy and not off color you'll feel just right using it.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 4:05 pm
Another point: You don't have to wear the same makeup everyday. You can change your look with your makeup depending on how you're dressed that day. For example, you may want to play up your eyes today and your lips tomorrow...Just always remember that certain heavily made up looks will look ridiculous in the sunlight...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics