Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Stocking up on kids clothing
1  2  Next

zigi

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:07 pm
as my dd gets older there are less places to buy tznious clothing,I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for skirts and long sleeved shirts. how far ahead should I buy, if I see a metzia in the next size or 2 sizes should I buy it? like a dress that is below the knee for 12$ and skirts for 10 and shirts for 5? I can't wait until dd wears a uniform. she will need less clothes! ah shopping for kids doesn't end. they always grow out of everything bh! I have a shopping cart from oldnavy and I'm not sure if I should buy, I guess I will do it. she can use the clothes.

mumsy23

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:35 pm
waaaaaaaaaaaaait!! Starting the 19th there is a 20% off coupon if you use code BFF!

Pineapple

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:38 pm
mumsy23 wrote:
waaaaaaaaaaaaait!! Starting the 19th there is a 20% off coupon if you use code BFF!

I think this is for instore only

flowerpower

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:39 pm
Yeah I got it too. There's an old navy on atlantic ave.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:40 pm
I wouldn't buy anything I need for length for next year right now. my dd is 90% for height & it is impossible to imagine how much she grows in a year.

zigi

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 12:46 am
I got free shipping for BABYMAT sale up to 40% off it ends the 18th. I guess while I'm changing trains I will stop at atlantic mall and get tshirts for me. I don't know what happened, every tshirt I have is ruined. thanks mumsy23

mumsy23

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 8:28 am
BFF works online too! You either say "BFF" in the store or you type it online. Good Luck!

zigi

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 8:43 am
what I don't like about on line is 7$ shipping. so what I can order from gap banana and old navy, its only good if I'm doing a big order. I can justify shipping for money shlepping to a store. like 5$ is the price of a train and a kid running around a store. actually the last time I went shopping 2 extra $'s to not have a kid making me crazy when I shop is worth it. but I feel that I have to justify the discount or the that I really need the clothing or things before I order.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 8:56 am
I buy a lot from Target or kohls.com and they offer free shipping frequently. for my girls, I always buy up the long sleeved shirts and dresses in advance. my oldest is also 90% in height, but so far B"H everything has worked out well. I don't dry the dresses, just hang them to dry.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 9:20 am
I rarely lucked out ... the stuff was either too big or too small and then the sale becomes a waste ...

then again I've learned to buy clearance of clearance and always save ...

zigi

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 9:37 am
my oldest is 50% my dd is slightly smaller than ds. I measure clothing on ds. he thinks its funny but its very helpful. its hard to figure out the size for shirts for him. oh well I never wasted money yet, but he has clothes for a while in advance, I used to try to only buy clearance, but they don't have much. its harder when the kids get older. but if I see a shirt for a dollor and I have a coupon I buy it! they also closed the outlet tcp, in manhatten
;( I used to get dirt cheap things there, basically you have to know what the cheapest an item can go. if you see it for a good price get it! and if you are going to a store that tends to have good sales bring money!

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 9:43 am
well all 4 of my kids were quite differently sized ... so ...

BlumaG

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 12:13 pm
childrens place have gr8 prices for shirts - its besto t stock up bc in hte summer ur stuck if u dont already have, walmart has polo shirts for $7 and free shipping from site to store

zigi

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 12:37 pm
bff is free shipping and 20% off. I can buy for me now!

shoy18

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 2:09 pm
I was never successful at buying before, it was always either to big or to small I just buy whats needed at the time.

HappyFamily

Post Fri, Sep 19 2008, 5:11 pm
zigi wrote:
bff is free shipping and 20% off. I can buy for me now!

I'm a little confused. Which store offers free shipping and 20% off??

rachel19977

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 3:19 pm
The BFF is for BOTH! I just placed a order!

shoy18

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 9:15 pm
someone clue me in what is BFF????

zigi

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 10:33 pm
oldnavy is having a sale mumsy23 mentioned waiting until the 19-21 b/c they are having a 20% off sale with free shipping. shipping is usually 7$ also if you go to the store with a friend and say bff you get 20% off.

montrealmommy

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 10:51 pm
I do clearance more than sales and I usually buy the more pricey things (Shabbos and YT clothes, winter boots, sandals, etc...) - for regualr everyday stuff - I agree, can't wait for a uniform!

I also base their next size on where they are currently holding, like my 2.5 yr old dd is wearing size 4 already!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics