Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Family meal time...not!

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:47 am
How do you manage supper when everyone in the family has a different schedule, coming and going at different times on different days and no two people being home for more than 10 minutes at the same time? I've had it with putting food out only to have it sit on the table for hours waiting for whoever it is to come home. If it goes back in the fridge it's ignored while the person it was meant for decides to snack on whatever instead. Meals that aren't eaten that day don't get eaten unless I eat them myself, which means if I don't want to throw food out, I'm stuck eating leftover baked beans and wilted salad all week. I can't freeze individual Tv dinners because I don't have freezer space, and also I'm a big believer in fresh salads that you can't freeze. Is there a solution, or can this problem be resolved only when everyone is out of the house and there's only dh and myself to feed?

BlumaG

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:53 am
maybe with the salad u can leave it undressed with the dressingo n hte side so its doesnt wilt
could u sit ur famiyl down n tell them u spend time and money making dinner and u'd appreciate if they sat down when they got home and ate what u made???

shopaholic

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 1:00 pm
Well, my kids are young so they all eat when I make them sit down. For older kids - try & get a schedule from them so you'll know when to have the food ready. Tell them that the food will go cold if they're not back on time.

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 2:17 pm
Have supper simmering in a crock pot? or keep it cold in the fridge and let your family know which side of the fridge supper will be in on a regular basis and they can microwave themselves a portion (though I don't know if I would advocate constantly eating microwaved food)

that won't help you with the salads though..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics