Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher hotels!!

workin woman

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 9:08 pm
I was thinking of taking my husband on a surprise shabbos vacation. I wanna go to a frum/kosher hotel within 2 hrs driving from brooklyn- anyone know any place besides the boro park hotel?

chanagital

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 9:35 am
I know what my hubby and I do when we want a vacation..maybe it would work for you. Many of the resterants in the Los Angeles area will send precooked meals to the hotel of your choice no matter where it is for a small fee that way you are not dependent on the hotel for kosher food. They send it in a sealed container streight to the hotel almost like air plane food but tastes a whole lot better. The only thing the hotel has to do is put it in their freezer or if you have fridge in the room they can put the food in for you. There is kashrus stickers on each of the entries so if it is broken or not sticking you know your food was tampered with. They sometimes send food world wide depending on the resterant. All you have to do is pre-order your food. This also means we don't have to wait for any resteraunt to open up or any of the slow waiting staff that is infamis in kosher dinning in the Los Angeles area.

workin woman

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 9:47 am
chanagital-
thank you that is a really great idea I wouldve never thought of it- but I have never heard of it in the NY area- maybe there is someone from Brooklyn who knows of restaraunts that do this??

chanagital

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 10:32 am
I got some in Los Angeles that would do it anywhere in the contenental united states.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 10:34 am
I have been gone from the U.S. for quite a while so this may not be accurate, but I believe that Noah's Ark in Teaneck, if I am not mistaken, did the same thing. I think I remember that friends were in Hawaii and had their food shipped to the hotel there.

chanagital

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 11:52 am
look at kosheronwheels.com we have used them before and they are real good. There are others too but I will have to find the info.

yikes!

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 12:56 pm
I heard that Meal Mart in Monsey does a fabulous job sending you all your shabbos food. You can either take it along with you or they can ship it via UPS.

chanagital

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 6:03 pm
koshercornacopia.com is another that makes kosher food precooked and ready for the microwave. Mealmart does it but it is in mass quantitys (we have lots of meal mart stuff in our kosher supermarket)... but sometimes it is not as good as these other places who make it fresh for you.

3Qts

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 6:15 pm
This is meal mart

http://www.koshermealstogo.com/

The food is delicious not like the commercial frozen food.

workin woman

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 6:34 pm
Thanks so much for the ideas everyone- I like the kosher on wheels- their food looks great but my dh and I arent major fleishig eaters so we can do pareve from them or if anyone knows milchig places that do this please advise...
thanks so much again! Great Idea!

chanagital

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 1:39 am
ok got the whole list here that the kosher information bureau puts out .... www.kosherflyaway.com, www.koshercornucopia.com, www.kosher.com, www.koshergourmetmart.com, www.koshermania.com, www.yidworld.com, www.labriutmeals.com, www.jewishdoabetes.org, www.kosher.org.uk, www.kosherclub.com, www.koshermart.com and that is only the ones on-line hopefully one of these companys have what you might want...

chanagital

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 1:42 am
uht o got a typo jewishdiabetes.org is one for pple who are diabetic. I don't vouch for the quality of any of these web sites I just know most of them send food world wide if you give them enough time.

ESB

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 11:20 pm
There is a holiday inn in monsey that serves kosher food. Im not sure if in Monsey but in that area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics