Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
After 7 years my tiles are being delivered!!
1  2  Next

bubby

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:13 pm
So what am I going to do with bought & paid for stunning tiles for my bathroom that I completely forgot about? We never ended up ripping out the bathroom (just updated it) & the lady just called me to say she'd like to deliver them. Where's she been for 7 years???

I'm not redoing my bathroom right now although it could use it, so what am I going to do with $3000 tiles?? DH will go nuts...he's away & when I tell him they'll be stored in our already over stuffed basement he'll not be best pleased.

Any takers?

Falafel

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:18 pm
what a farce!! tell her to return your money!

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:19 pm
wait a minute ... when did you pay for them ... isn't she a bit late ... I think she should take them ... and pay you back ... what is this the 7-year-itch ...

baschabad

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:20 pm
uh uh! The money has to be returned immediately! That's incredible!!!

bubby

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:26 pm
Oh, I suggested she refunded the $$. I think she's still laughing. "Of course not!!" was the answer. She's probably within her rights...I suppose I should be grateful she didn't charge me storage!! Rolling Eyes

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:34 pm
within her rights of what ... forgetting to deliver for 7 years ... bring her to people's court ... judge judy will tell you otherwise ...

gryp

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:43 pm
Crazy story!
Why won't she give a refund? 7 years later is 7 years too late!

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:49 pm
That is craaazy.
The only good thing I'd imagine is that they're paid for so you can sell them and feel like you're making money (if you had forgotten about the money spent anyways)...

bubby

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:49 pm
Well, in all fairness I remembered every so often. Except I couldn't remember her name or the store. I have to take some responsibility. I asked her if she'd sell them for me (I'd even give her some of the $$) but she wouldn't. Guess I'm stuck with them. I wouldn't even charge what they're worth. They really are beautiful, I do remember them. Confused DH isn't answering his phone. I have this philosophy...if I tell him long distance he'll have calmed down by the time he gets home Wink

micki

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 10:52 pm
maybe redo the bathroom while hes gone?
that'll surprise him for real!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 12:07 am
Put them up on CraigsList or ebay, there is sure to be an appreciative buyer out there.
Something is wrong with this story, you know.

bubby

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 5:27 am
What's so wrong? That we were stupid not to cancel the order (we'd already paid in full!) or they were wrong in not contacting us (she said she did but that's not true, she found us now.) But ebay sounds like a great idea.

I know, it's hard to believe that some folks are just so dumb they can forget about such a big, expensive order. embarrassed Oh well, at least I never forgot a kid in a mall or something!

happyone

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 7:24 am
Just have fun. Rip out the bathroom and retile!

bubby

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 8:37 am
R U sponsoring it all??? LOL

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 8:52 am
so put up a picture here ... inquiring minds want to see ...

happyone

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 9:14 am
bubby wrote:
R U sponsoring it all??? LOL

The main expense is really the tiles. I actually ripped out an old bathroom myself. Literally took a hammer and chisel and knocked it all out. My DH then re sheet rocked with waterproof sheet rock. We called for some estimates and get a really cheap guy to install the tiles. I stood in the room for three days telling him exactly how to lay it. I got myself a beautiful fresh bathroom for really cheap. I also went to Home Depot for a new sink and vanity. Very inexpensive. Still waiting for a light fixture....

I even wanted to install the tiles myself, my dh thought I'm completely off the wall. I viewed it as an artistic do it yourself art project.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 10:28 am
If you take them, please ask for a huge discount for such a wait!

bubby

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 11:21 am
Happyone, I think I should hire YOU Very Happy Ruchel, the problem is we paid in full...7 years ago shock So if we sell them it is almost like getting free $$.

Truth is, I'd love to do the bathroom...I wonder if my DS's (21 & 20) can find time away from their Smicha program & Shlichus to do it. Maybe they can bring in a couple of friends...will work for food & a pittance sort of idea. Hmmm....

ValleyMom

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 9:23 pm
Give them to one of your kids...
What a pity.
I still don't fully get this story.
You obviously ordered tile from spain or italky that needed to be a special order.
Normally they do NOT charge until they arrive in the warehouse.
I know this because I ordered tile from spain that took six weeks to arrive by ship. Nothing showed up on my card until the contractor picked them up for us.
Speaking of which...
Why isn't your contractor being held accountable?
And, may I suggest cntacting some contractors and let them know you would be willing to resell the tiles at a discount??! Who knows... Maybe they have clients that may appreciate your fine, obviously expensive taste??!
GOOD LUCK!~!!!
PS
POST PHOTOS...

de_goldy

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 9:42 pm
Valleymom - this thread is from months ago. maybe you are not aware, but its a good idea to look at the date of a thread before commenting to see if it is still current.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics