Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Tablecloth
1  2  Next

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:32 am
Will you keep on your shabbos one until after succos? It seems that between yom tov and shabbos there is a day or two.

ESB

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:33 am
I already took off the tablecloth. Since we keep our lap top on the dining room table I had to take off the tablecloth. If I wouldnt have a lap top I probably would not take off the tablecloth.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:36 am
I almost always keep a white tablecloth on our diningroom table during the week. We dont go in the diningroom during the week except to daven so theres really no nreed to take it off.

DREAMING

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:37 am
I left the dining room tablecloth on (don't tell anyone) for this shabbos.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:44 am
Dreaming-what's wrong? I usually put it on thursday so there is no point in changing it tonight.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:46 am
Yep, I left it on.
I was even considering leaving the leichter and hotplate out, but I didn't!

RedRuby

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 1:24 am
What am I missing here...?

Don't you have to take it off to wash it?

Or do you mean you wash it, dry it and put it right back on the table instead of putting away in a drawer on in the linen closet?

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 2:15 am
Quote:

Not if you always cover it with a disposable plastic tablecloth.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 2:38 am
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Quote:

Not if you always cover it with a disposable plastic tablecloth.
People actually eat without a plastic? Be careful, or that could ruin your kids' shidduchim!!

Or was that the other way around... What
LOL

In any case, yeah... DH wanted to take it off- gotta remind him that there is no point.

Marion

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 3:26 am
I took it off to be washed. But I have several white tablecloths, and small children. Generally I just put on the white tablecloth over whatever else is there, then I can peel it back for the kids to get the regular one dirty.

buzzinmom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 4:14 am
mine is totally staying on till like after succos unless it gets dirty which it prbbly wont cause I use plastics also... dont tell ne one cause ut is so not my type to leave it on that long!!!!!!!! LOL Wink

yo'ma

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 7:32 am
Mine will probably be on until after sukkos. It's been on since this past shabbos, but right before r"h, I did change it because I got a new one. I kept the plastic one on the whole time. I don't have a disposable plastic and I just washed it.

mugsisme

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 11:57 am
Took it off. I didn't wash before R"h, so I was short a table cloth. (I only had one, but we only ate home two meals.) I ended up reusing it after shaking it out real well. I need to get one more so I don't have this problem.

We don't use plastic any more. I don't like it and I don't mind washing.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:00 pm
We don't use tablecloth LOL

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:21 pm
yeah I've used those heavy plastic covers ... don't much like them and most of my tablecloths are wash & wear ... thinking about my nice one and if I will cover it once again ...

if I would have a plastic - I would leave it ...

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:25 pm
I took off my tablecloths and washed them and they're already back on. I don't use plastics. I don't like how they look. It takes 30 min to wash them. What's the big deal?

Marion

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:25 pm
I don't like plastic. I was blessed to get a LOT of white tablecloths when we got married, and most of them seem to be unstainable. So I wash 'em when they get dirty. And I don't have an objection to using a coloured runner over the white tablecloth if necessary to hide stains. It adds some elegance, IMO, and I have white dishes so it shows those off nicely too.

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:27 pm
Forgot to add. I don't use white tablecloths. I don't like those too much either...I like color.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:28 pm
My using plastic has nothing to do with washing it afterwards. I have no problem with doing that and I have enough tablecloths. My problem is when something spills during the meal and sadly, it happens too often. WHAT SLOBS!! Mad Rolling Eyes

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 12:29 pm
Easiest is a pretty but resistant table. Easy to wash with a sponge and all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics