Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
WHERE CAN I LEARN BEGINNERS MATH FOR REVIEW IN BROOKLYN ?

kitchen maven

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 10:04 pm

I am looking to improve my math skills. I want to make it in the work force. basicly I am interested in starting beginners math then going to excel, quickbooks. thanks.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 10:59 pm
Can’t you use a calculator? I stink at math and had no problem at any job. I even did payroll once.

ruth

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 12:45 pm
two options:

the library has a lot of books geared to adults. If you don't go to public libraries, at least call the referance desk and they can help you find links or titles of books.

adult ed at the local public high school

online tutorials. your local library might have a link on their website

here's something I found: http://www.purplemath.com/lessons.htm

I remember seeing something online for work preparadness for older teens/adults. I can't locate it on my favorites, but if I find it I will post

You may want to just get a high school girl/seminary girl to tutor you as a chesed. Maybe post a request on the "announcements" forum on this website.

hatzlaha, I'm sorry that the other poster was so curt. I hope you get the assistance you need.

su7kids

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 1:33 pm
Maybe you can find a community college class just on quickbooks, its probably more important to understand the works of the program than to do math, because as long as you have fingers and a calculator, you can do math, but the workings of a program that does the math FOR you, is probably better to put your effort into that, and you can find someone who can teach you the workings of excel too, in the same location.

teachby

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 2:40 pm
Do you have Maalot in Brooklyn? The one here in LA offers "college algebra" but it is really a highschool level class. I think they may offer beginning computer classes as well. I'm not so sure about that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics