Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How long to ship package? ASAP

willow

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 12:32 pm
I just ordered a bunch of exercise dvds and it has free international shipping. Does anyone know how long it takes via USPS Air Mail To Israel? This way it is free but she said it will take a month.
They said if I want I could pay 28$ and get it in five days. But I obviously don't want to pay that. I also don't want to wait a month. Any advice ASAP, because she is holding my shipping till I decide.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 12:34 pm
willow wrote:
I just ordered a bunch of exercise dvds and it has free international shipping. Does anyone know how long it takes via USPS Air Mail To Israel? This way it is free but she said it will take a month.
They said if I want I could pay 28$ and get it in five days. But I obviously don't want to pay that. I also don't want to wait a month. Any advice ASAP, because she is holding my shipping till I decide.

I don't know but keep in mind that if you send it postal, they will charge you 35 nis at pick up, at the post office.
Check about customs as well.

HooRYou

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 12:36 pm
I don't think it usually takes a month, but the mail is in a slow season right now.

I am really curious, where did you order from that gave you free shipping. I just got a couple of new ones while I was in the US this summer (I haven't even had a chance to use them yet), but it would be really good to know.

willow

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 12:42 pm
advancedworkouts.com They only carry advanced stuff. I really don't know what to do? I don't want to wait a month that's ridiculous for that wait I might as well send it with my bro who is coming in three weeks. But I am impatient I want it now. Confused Very Happy. I totally get my little dd now I am so immature sometimes. I just really want these asap.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 1:02 pm
Well... think about saving money. If your brother brings it you won't have to pay customs or anything.

willow

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 1:05 pm
Ok I told her to divide the package. Send half reg air mail to me and the other half to my brother. This way hopefully I'll get some soon. It feels like a good decision because I don't feel guilty about spending 30 bucks that I don't have:) Thank you all.

3Qts

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 1:33 pm
I never shipped to Israel but I ship alot to Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Africa they all take 6-7 days to arrive. Canada takes longer then that.

willow

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:10 am
In the end she can't redo the order and send it to my brother because she already printed my shipping label (or something like that) and to re-do it would cost 15 bucks. Forget it, my impatience will have to pass this test. I told her ship it the free long way. I hope you are right 3Qts and it comes sooner then a month.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:26 am
And this is all assuming that no one is on strike...

I never try and have things shipped directly to Israel if I can avoid it... customs is always a pain and generally expensive.

mamacita

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:31 am
We just got something shipped with fedex and it got here a week earlier than their estimate! I couldn't believe it, B"H!

Buuuuuut last year my MIL sent us a RH card and we got it close to chanukah . . .

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:33 am
mamacita wrote:
Buuuuuut last year my MIL sent us a RH card and we got it close to chanukah . . .

If they use a postal code that is the same for another city (ESPECIALLY if it's in the US), and/or write IL instead of Israel, it gets rerouted all over the place.

willow

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 10:47 am
Great now you post. Where were you yesterday when I needed you:)

mamacita

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 2:17 am
I'm pretty sure the address was fine, there was a strike in the middle on both sides (UK and IL) so it was basically doomed, but hysterical. This year we got ecards instead, LOL!

willow

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 3:05 am
Its 4 days short of a month and no package in sight:( I am so ticked off. I wish I sent it all to my brother. He is here a week already. ARGG
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions