Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
PSA from Eliyahu Hanavi
Previous  1  2  3  Next

shalhevet

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 12:36 am
mummy-bh wrote:
I'm with Hila!

Chas vesholom that we should have to wait until motzei shabbos!

I learned that moshiach won't come on a Friday so as not to interrupt our preparations for Shabbos (I think it's written in the gemorra.)

Mrs. XYZ

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 12:49 am
Wow, lucky me that I didn't start cooking for Y"T yet, and our succah isn't up yet! Tongue Out I'm ready to go! Halevai!

sarahd

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 1:00 am
Why do I have to have a small, Israeli-style apartment? E"Y is going to spread out to encompass at least the lands of the 10 amim, including Syria, the whole Jordan, Lebanon, probably parts of Iraq. Plenty of room there for large houses.

I don't think that bias haMashiach has to include a drop in living standards.

greenfire

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 3:00 am
moshiach moshiach moshiach
משיח משיח משיח

(while we certainly are in need and prayerful for moshiach ... I doubt any of you really know what it all entails ... ahavas yisroel and ahavas haolam sound quite important to me ... )

baba

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 4:31 am
Cant wait! We'll be in jeru for shabbes, great timing!

Motek

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 7:19 am
shalhevet wrote:
1. Please report to airports straight after havdalla. Planes will be waiting.

Where are the eagles?

Quote:
You can leave your sukkos and freezers full of YT food behind.

Why? I plan on taking it along.

Quote:
Those who had heterim for using certain equipment for parnassa reasons - the heterim are no longer valid, since you will be living directly from Hashem's bounty, with your work done by non-Jews and therefore will have no need for parnassa.

What about Imamother? What about the teaching of Torah and Yiddishkeit on the Internet?

Quote:
4. Each family will be allotted a small apartment in line with their needs. These are Israeli sized, so please do not bring excess baggage. Please do not bring more than the minimum necessary amount of clothing for each person. No electric/ electronic gadgets (as mentioned you will have non-Jewish help).

I assume that life in Yemos Ha'Moshiach is b'harchava (expansive), not b'tzimtzum (cramped, limited). I have also learned that our homes and shuls will go along with us. There is no need to pick and choose what to take and what to leave behind.

No electronic gadgets?! Why not?

And what about preparations for Moshiach's coming for those living in Eretz Yisrael? Why the focus only on those living abroad?

octopus

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 7:22 am
[quote="Motek"]
shalhevet wrote:

Where are the eagles?

Actually, airplanes are "kanfei nesharim". Just because they didn't have the vocabulary word "airplane" then, does not discount the fact that a plane looks and is designed to fly like a bird.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 7:24 am
I can't wait for Moshiach. I'm impatient to live in a time without bigotry, imperfect rabbis who are overly strict "to be on the safe side", and so on. At last things will be FAIR Very Happy

greenfire

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 7:25 am
[quote="octopus"]
Motek wrote:
shalhevet wrote:

Where are the eagles?

Actually, airplanes are "kanfei nesharim". Just because they didn't have the vocabulary word "airplane" then, does not discount the fact that a plane looks and is designed to fly like a bird.

most assuredly - they are always studying birds to find the newest type of wings to allow for more smooth flying of the planes ...

the eagle is moshiach ... Music whom we are waiting for !!!

gryp

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 7:28 am
Nice, Shalhevet. I like it. Smile

Motek

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 8:18 am
octopus wrote:

Hmmm, so the Jewish people were taken out of Egypt by airplane?

Describing Hashem's loving care of the Jewish people, the Torah says, "You have seen what I did to Egypt and that I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to Me" (Shemos 19:4).

sarahd

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 8:33 am
Were they taken out on eagles' wings? Confused As far as I have ever heard, they went by foot. With their matza dough on their shoulders and not on their donkeys.

Motek

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 8:41 am
sarahd wrote:
As far as I have ever heard, they went by foot. With their matza dough on their shoulders and not on their donkeys.

but no planes, right? Wink

Pineapple

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 8:41 am
maybe the planes will turn into eagels!!!

supermama2

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 1:16 pm
Scratching Head

I thought Moshiach was comming on Hoshana Rabbah...

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 10:10 am
SarahO. wrote:
Scratching Head

I thought Moshiach was comming on Hoshana Rabbah...

Says who? Scratching Head

shalhevet

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 10:46 am
Motek wrote:
shalhevet wrote:

Where are the eagles?

I actually always thought that was the Torah's way of saying planes - dibrah Torah bilashon bnei adam - the Torah speaks in the language of people (at that time). But I'm sure no one here really cares if Hashem chooses literal eagles or some other way.

Quote:
Quote:
You can leave your sukkos and freezers full of YT food behind.

Why? I plan on taking it along.

Why? The shor habor vhalevyasan will be good enough for me. The fruits of EY have a special maila, so why use yours from Ama Reika or wherever you live in chul?

Quote:
Quote:
Those who had heterim for using certain equipment for parnassa reasons - the heterim are no longer valid, since you will be living directly from Hashem's bounty, with your work done by non-Jews and therefore will have no need for parnassa.

What about Imamother? What about the teaching of Torah and Yiddishkeit on the Internet?

Uh, you don't think it's kind of a bdieved instead of learning Torah from Moshe Rabbeinu? shock

Quote:
Quote:
4. Each family will be allotted a small apartment in line with their needs. These are Israeli sized, so please do not bring excess baggage. Please do not bring more than the minimum necessary amount of clothing for each person. No electric/ electronic gadgets (as mentioned you will have non-Jewish help).

I assume that life in Yemos Ha'Moshiach is b'harchava (expansive), not b'tzimtzum (cramped, limited). I have also learned that our homes and shuls will go along with us. There is no need to pick and choose what to take and what to leave behind.

No electronic gadgets?! Why not?

Maybe because people will be interested in ruchnius and won't need all that gashmius.

Quote:
And what about preparations for Moshiach's coming for those living in Eretz Yisrael? Why the focus only on those living abroad?

I mentioned before that this thread was in response to the living in EY one, and my focus was on those who thought they would have difficulties in moving to EY. I can't really see what preparations those in EY need to do anyway, apart from continuing to work on themselves as we need to do anyway, whether or not Hashem chooses to bring the mashiach at this particular point.

shalhevet

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 10:48 am
sarahd wrote:
Why do I have to have a small, Israeli-style apartment? E"Y is going to spread out to encompass at least the lands of the 10 amim, including Syria, the whole Jordan, Lebanon, probably parts of Iraq. Plenty of room there for large houses.

I don't think that bias haMashiach has to include a drop in living standards.

Good point sarah - I stand corrected.

Maybe not a drop in living standards, but a drop in focus on gashmius.

Motek

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 7:04 pm
shalhevet wrote:
I'm sure no one here really cares if Hashem chooses literal eagles or some other way.

Where does it say that in Yemos Ha'Moshiach we will go on eagle's wings? I learned it will be with the ananei shmaya - clouds.

Quote:
Why? The shor habor vhalevyasan will be good enough for me. The fruits of EY have a special maila, so why use yours from Ama Reika or wherever you live in chul?

I don't think we will be eating shor ha'bor day in and day out. I thought it's for one particular meal which will also include the Livyasan fish and the Yayin Ha'Meshumar. As for why to take food prepared l'kavod Yom Tov: 1) so far, I haven't used any fruits in my cooking 2) we don't want to be oiver on bal tashchis 3) food prepared for Yom Tov is special

Quote:
Uh, you don't think it's kind of a bdieved instead of learning Torah from Moshe Rabbeinu?

Is that the program - that we all, no matter our background and level of knowledge, learn Torah from Moshe Rabeinu right away?

Quote:
Maybe because people will be interested in ruchnius and won't need all that gashmius.

The most spiritual people today use cars and phones etc. ... I'm not sure what "all that gashmius" refers to. If it will be used to serve Hashem, teach Torah and enable one to function optimally to accomplish those things, they are used l'sheim shomayim.

Quote:
I mentioned before that this thread was in response to the living in EY one, and my focus was on those who thought they would have difficulties in moving to EY.

I didn't read that thread, just read this thread as it stands on its own.

Quote:
I can't really see what preparations those in EY need to do anyway, apart from continuing to work on themselves as we need to do anyway, whether or not Hashem chooses to bring the mashiach at this particular point.

It might be an act of Ahavas Yisrael to prepare everybody living in EY for Yemos Ha'Moshiach, not just look out for oneself. "Ani es nafshi hitzalti" is a rather selfish perspective. Gedolim of all persuasions have been urging us to reach out to those who were not blessed with a proper Jewish education.

octopus

Post Sat, Oct 11 2008, 7:49 pm
shalhevet wrote:

I'm not so knowledgeable in this area, but I was under the impression that the livyasan was for acharis hayimim or olam haba. There is a HUGE machlokes between the rambam and the ramchal.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics