Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are you reliving your childhood?

Is your home on the same wavelength as your parents?
We became frumer  
 46%  [ 28 ]
Stayed the same  
 30%  [ 18 ]
We became more 'relaxed'  
 15%  [ 9 ]
I wish we were frumer  
 8%  [ 5 ]
I wish we were more 'relaxed'  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 60

Mommy912

Post Mon, Jan 02 2006, 12:05 pm
Have you set up your home in the same way that you were brought up? Have you gone frumer or more 'relaxed' (couldn't think of a better term)? Are you happy with your choice? If you had the chance, what would you change?

nicole81

Post Mon, Jan 02 2006, 1:11 pm
in terms of my childhood- my household is frumer. but for dh, it's a lot more relaxed. I wish we could have an even frumer atmosphere, but dh rebelled so extremely against his upbringing that certain things he will not compromise on (for example, we MUST have a television.) ugh, I wish I could toss it!

supermom

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 7:50 am
we conduct a much frumer upbringing than from what I was brought up with. but as for my husbands side well how do I say this he married a not frum person Rolling Eyes I am considered the black sheep of my older sils Rolling Eyes and in some way influenced my sister in law that was like this when I met her off the derech Rolling Eyes israeli's for you Rolling Eyes

IndyMom

Post Wed, Jan 04 2006, 6:22 pm
we really stayed the same but I clicked on "relaxed" becuase we are MUCH more relaxed about being frum than my childhood home was.

zigi

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 1:53 pm
we are frummer, I grew up more modern orthodox I like the way we are and I wish we could be frummer, but I miss chalav akum, the candy and hoeny mustard pretzals, yum! and tv and going to the movies, when we went away you had to pry the remote out of my hand!!!! I was a tv addict! and I also miss not jewish books and music.

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:34 pm
I use to be a tv addict now I became a computer addict since there is no tv or anything else to keep me busy when I am not in the mood to move out of my seat let alone couch or bed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics