Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbat accomodations needed in TUCSON

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 5:44 am
Whom to call? My brother will be there over Shabbat November 9th, by himself (he's a family man). Who can he call? Are the accomodations? Please PM me.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 5:47 am
I find that looking for the type of shul that comes closest to my hashkafa works best... google Young Israel or Chabad of Tucson

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 5:53 am
Hee hee. YI of Tucson? We know there is Chabad there, he is looking for the possibility of something more like he is (YI type) and I know there are ladies here from Tucson. Maybe people open their homes? When I lived in Phoenix, my DH saw a guy with a kippa walking around the Motorola campus. He immediately invited the guy to us for Shabbat and we had him over, end of story (the guy was planning to stay in a motel or something, he was from Israel). Fast forward about 10 years, we got a call from that guy who heard through the grapevine that we were back and... he wanted to reciprocate!!!!! I should at last make an effort to give people there the chance for hachnassat orchim, and I vouch for my brother being normal and a great house guest.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 6:01 am
Thanks! You let your fingers do the walking.
When I was last in Tucson about umpteen years ago there was very, very little orthodox. Chabad was just about it.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 6:03 am
The link to YI of Tucson leads nowhere...

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 6:04 am
But there IS a phone number.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 6:06 am
The rabbi there is Shemtov, which is Lubab. Lo chashuv, I forwarded the link and let dear bro figure it out. Nebach.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 6:19 am
I know someone from Tucson. I went to her wedding there. If none of the things work out, I can MAYBE get in touch with her.

greenfire

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 6:23 am
tam tam - you're gonna feed your bro to the wolves ... you know better than to ask a bunch of strange women for accommodations ...

Tamiri

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 6:32 am
He's been around the world and back a few times. Chabad always comes thru but I wanted to give someone else the opportunity to host him. He's a real doll. And, a learned kind of guy too, though very modest. He would be an addition to any family's table and he's also very good with children (has three little ones of his own, and a wife).

square_peg

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 7:44 am
select Tucson from teh drop down menu for contact information

Young Israel Synagogues
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics