Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
New Job

amother

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 6:49 am
I'm currently working a job that is not working out for me. I am very uphappy in it! But I have no idea what to look for to switch jobs. I would prefer a job with decent pay (wouldn't we all) and health insurance benefits. I don't have much training but I'm a very fast learner. I prefer not to be a secretary. Any ideas?

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 7:17 am
Quote:
I don't have much training but I'm a very fast learner. I prefer not to be a secretary. Any ideas?

Do you have anything on your own that you can use maybe to work for yourself. ie. I'm a stay at home mom. I work around the kids doing photography, graphic design (Both of which Im self taught) and from time to time sell on eBay. What I do does not bring in a steady paycheck (I cant predict what I make some months asre slow others I can make a ton of money) but over the year I do make more than some people I know who work in full time jobs. Of course that wont work for you if you need to know whats coming in every week or two because your income is needed to support the family.
I worked in a couple of secretarial jobs before I was married. In general I don't think there is a lot of job growth in that although I did once work as a secretary for someone and ended up being their office manager, so you never know. I'm not sure about what other fields you can go into and make a good salary because I wasnt out there for too long. I do think (correct me if I'm wrong) that there are some sales jobs that offer a good starting salary and then you get commission on top of that.

Whatever you do please don't get pulled in to any MLM (multi level marketing) businesses. Even if the person trying to get you in claims they started making tons of money as soon as they started and there is no way to fail in the business. Yes there are some people who make a lot of money doing an MLM business but the vast majority of people who try only lose time and money (lots of it)

Thats my 2cents, dont know if it was helpful But HATZLOCHA RABA in your job search.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 8:28 am
Amabssador- I actually love the idea of doing graphic design (happens to be a hobby of mine). If you don't mind me asking, what program do you use? How do you market your service? What kind of things do you do? (If you prefer me to PM you for this info, let me know and I will). Thanks!

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 8:39 am
Feel free to PM me, then maybe we can email and Ide even be willing to talk to you about it. I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for all my graphic design stuff. I once used Quark for a calendar job that I did, but I'm not so farmiliar with how it works. I know LOTS about Photoshop and where to get cool info about stuff to do Very Happy PM me ok?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics