Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Cassette/cd converter

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Oct 14 2008, 1:21 pm
I have a bunch of cassettes that I'd like to convert and put on to cd's.

how can I do this??

zissy2004

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:40 pm
noone??? I would also like to know

Fabulous

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:42 pm
unless you are very technically minded with a lot of your own equipment (as my brother is), then you should give it to someone who can do it for a a few dollars each.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:47 pm
go to radio shack or a local equivalent. ask them for a cable that has a headphone jack on each end. it shouldn't cost too much. not sure what they're called. plug the cable into your tape player on one end and computer on the other. download a program like audacity (I believe that one's free). you can record onto the computer from the cassette, make tracks, clean up background noise, cut what you don't want, etc. then burn to cd. it won't cost much, but if you want to make tracks, etc, it takes some time to get used to the program, so it's really a when you have time project.

I have done this, and it's fun, but I haven't done it since the kids were born because of time issues and the fact that I'm on imamother with my free time Smile

have fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics