Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Awesome Parve Cookbook Discovery!

avigailmiriam

Post Sat, Oct 18 2008, 4:28 pm
I don't know why this didn't occur to me until a couple of months ago, but vegans don't eat meat, eggs, dairy or honey. Vegan cookbooks are a great resource for parve deserts.

I've bought several and I've found these to be the best.

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

Nothing but cupcakes and frosting. They're awesome, she has 40-odd recipies for all sorts of cupcakes, including some really exotic ones--margarita cupcakes, anyone? The cupcakes can also be baked as regular cakes.

The Joy of Vegan Baking: The Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets

Lots of recipes, including some classic ones there's also a great section that gives good instruction on how to select various dairy and egg replacement in other recipes.

Vice Cream: Over 70 Sinfully Delicious Dairy-Free Delights

Parve ice creams, and they're all natural, which makes me happy. I've never quite felt right feeding people Rich's whip--it just seems to strange.

One caveat: These books all include an opening chapter on why one should choose veganism. If that bothers you, these may not be the books for you.

RachelEve14

Post Sat, Oct 18 2008, 10:16 pm
Thanks for the suggestions! I've heard of the cupcake one but not the others. I also like vegitarian cookbooks for some variety. I have a vegitarian slow cooker book. I like the variety of recipes in it and I can easily leave out the dairy and make everything parve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics