Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What is life in Tzfat like?

beilariva

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 1:07 am
I would like to know what it is like to live in Tzfat. Are there areas with many English speaking? Good ganim and education for the kids? Please let me know if you know something about the life in Tzfat.

Thanks!

beilariva

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 3:37 am
Is there really no one in this forum that lives in Tzfat? shock

catonmylap

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 3:38 am
I know there is at least 1, maybe 2...

shalhevet

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 3:41 am
I can think of 3 active members here...

grin

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 6:35 am
There are many English-speakers in Tzfat - we even have a volunteer-run free English lending library. There is also a variety of schools and ganim. IMO, that's the best part of living here.

The standard of living here is somewhat lower than in the center of the country with more unemployment, etc. but the stores have been improving and now you can buy most things here in the "city" at competitive prices.

What ages are your kids and what school system are they now attending?

beilariva

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 1:03 pm
They are 22 months and 4 months old. The soon to be 2 year old has never been in gan and if we move to Tzfat I would want a good option for him. Where we live now no one speaks English so the boys only hear it from me and I would like them to have more English speaking kids around.

Are there specific areas that are shomer Shabbat?

grin

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 4:55 pm
at this point, Tzfat is 80% frum, although there is traffic in all areas on Shabbos (unfortunately), some of them tourists.

as for English-speakers, for some strange reason, although there are many parents who are English-speakers, the children here tend to speak Hebrew among themselves - as opposed to similar families in Y-m.

beilariva

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 5:06 pm
What problems are there in living there? Except for few job opportunities. Can you get all your daily needs in the town or do you have to travel outside a lot?

Are there Russians and Ethiopians in certain areas or mixed in?

grin

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 5:09 pm
you can definitely buy everything you need in town nowadays - not like it used to be at all. But it remains very much a small town, with one main street of stores that is literally a circle.

as for Russians and Ethiopians, they live wherever housing is cheap, except of course in certain defined chareidi housing projects, like K. Chabad or K. Meor Chaim.

beilariva

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 1:54 am
Any word on the Ramat Razim neighbourhood? Are there apartments there or just private houses?

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 4:57 am
beilariva - if you live in Israel why don't you ask your questions on the Life in Israel forum? You may get more responses.

beilariva

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 2:40 pm
I will have to look into that. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions