Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Good ad!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 7:58 am
So that's it... we're creating our first ad to put in L'Actualité Juive and try and find an apartment with G-d's help. We're renting for a yr, to see how we like the community first. We will also try non Jewish ads, but I think most owners are Jewish where we want to go.

We're hesitating on the words... "young couple"... well, some people hate the youth. "Frum couple", well, some people will have stereotypes about poverty and not working and so on. "Couple with a child", morons may think we're not THAT frum. "Couple with [some kind of short form of 'child/ren' not letting you see plural or singular]", people may fear noise.

It's 24.50 euros for one week, so we need to work on it! Any idea?

Basically we wanna say we look for a 3 room (which means 2 bedrooms)! We have a certain area in mind, a few streets and esplanades known as the 'best' Jewish area of this city (near a lake, park, playgrounds, safe, 5 or 6 shuls, Jewish shops...) - unfortunately it's also the most expensive.
But the other areas range from so-so, boring, ugly (but near the rabbinate big shul & the kosher butcher & the mikve I won't go to anyway because it's old and yuck, and another one near the school & the kollel but very very charedi/Litvish oriented) to just too close to the Muslim area...

Not giving any detail on price or precise size or floor (we would rather first or second, because of shabbes, not ground floor, for safety) because rentings are very hard to find in the neighbourhood we want, so we don't wanna limit it even more.

Any idea? Dh and I are both new at it, and my parents never put an ad! How do we word it so it attracts attention?

entropy

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:57 am
Jeune couple, pratiquant et sérieux...

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 11:00 am
ah ouais bien! Wink

Do you think some would take issue with "pratiquant" or it's good for all?

entropy

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 11:05 am
Would you want such a landlord, who would be turned off by pratiquant?

You can always look at general public listings to catch that demographic, no?

su7kids

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 11:07 am
not understanding a word of your French, I would say "young family" rather than couple with child, or anything else more specific.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 11:20 am
entropy wrote:
Would you want such a landlord, who would be turned off by pratiquant?

You're right. But I'm pretty desperate. We check the ads almost daily, we went to ALL the real estate agencies in the area, and they told us "we have zero ad, try another agency!". If they say that it really means there's nothing nothing nothing. And when there's something, the owners have no problem renting it easily 1200 euros a month for a big nice apt... sometimes I'm even considering the other areas... although really I don't want, but yeah.

Young family, good idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating