Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Recruiting Communities/Kollels?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 7:54 pm
Does anyone know of any out of town communities and/or kollelim that are looking for new families/couples?

(I know places like Cincinnati and Houston are offering generous packages, no need to mention those)

Thanks!

p.s. we would not move until the summer

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 8:36 pm
I heard perth amboy is looking to expand, but I don't know about any packages.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone know of any out of town communities and/or kollelim that are looking for new families/couples?

(I know places like Cincinnati and Houston are offering generous packages, no need to mention those)

Thanks!

p.s. we would not move until the summer

I wonder who you are, op. cuz when I read ur post I thought it was mine! lol. we are also looking but don't want to move till pesach-time, more or less.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:09 pm
las vegas opened a brand new kollel- I am not sure if they are still looking for new families

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:

I would like to know about these communities (and their "generous packages" Smile. I don't want to derail the thread, though, so please PM me.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 26 2008, 11:20 pm
denver
(anonymous so as not to reveal my identity)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:07 am
2nd OP = lol, glad I could start a thread to help you....

Does anyone know anything about Perth Amboy/Vegas/Denver?

Any cities with bigger communities? (not like chicago/baltimore/la big)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:13 am
im the poster who mentioned denver.
what would you like to know. about the community. or about the kollel. the shuls, schools. cost of houses or living? what ever you want I can post what I know. Please ask away.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 10:46 am
Detroit is opening up a new kollel...I don't know what you consider "generous", but I've heard a bit about what they offer.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 11:00 am
A "learning" kollel or "kiruv-oriented" kollel?
If the latter, I think Columbus might have openings, but it's not a big community by any stretch of the imagination. (Hence, why it's a kiruv kollel Smile)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
Detroit is opening up a new kollel...I don't know what you consider "generous", but I've heard a bit about what they offer.

I'm the second searching amother. I actually heard about detroit but no info or contact info. can you give me info about it? what type of kollel? community? what they are offering? when are they looking for?
thanks.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:16 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
I heard perth amboy is looking to expand, but I don't know about any packages.

I don't know about the kollel, but we went there more than 5 years ago and they were trying to expand the community then.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:32 pm
5 years isn't such a long time. It can take decades for a community to grow.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:34 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
5 years isn't such a long time. It can take decades for a community to grow.

Yes, but I think they've been looking for a long time before then. I'm not saying not to check it out, but it seems to me like it's taking a long time. For us to have moved there, the people there said we'd be pioneers and we didn't want to be.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

I'm the second searching amother. I actually heard about detroit but no info or contact info. can you give me info about it? what type of kollel? community? what they are offering? when are they looking for?
thanks.

There are about 6 or 7 couples who moved from Israel. It just started this Elul zman and I don't know if they are looking for more to join. (Highly doubt they are at this point, but you never know.) Rabbi Loketch from Detroit's son is the Rosh Kollel and a few other natives are part. As far as I know, it's a learning Kollel, not a Kiruv Kollel. I don't know what they're offering, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's pretty generous and kept pretty quiet.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 3:10 pm
I don't think that the Las Vegas Kollel is open to just anyone, and I don't think that they are trying to recruit. It was started by Chofetz Chaim Yeshiva in conjunction with Torah U'Mesorah. I think that you have to be from Chofetz Chaim to be eligible for the kollel there, but I am not 100% sure. As a side note, Chofetz Chaim also took over the day school there, 2 years ago.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 1:52 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

thanks.

There are about 6 or 7 couples who moved from Israel. It just started this Elul zman and I don't know if they are looking for more to join. (Highly doubt they are at this point, but you never know.) Rabbi Loketch from Detroit's son is the Rosh Kollel and a few other natives are part. As far as I know, it's a learning Kollel, not a Kiruv Kollel. I don't know what they're offering, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's pretty generous and kept pretty quiet.

is there a way I can contact them to find out? (maybe they aren't looking now but for after pesach or next elul)

morkush

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:05 am
Well if anyone is really adventourous, Melbourne Australia is recruiting for their Kollel...

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:22 am
amother wrote:

[color=violet]would you mind posting what you know of cincinnati? or if I post my real name, would you pm me info?[/color]

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 10:35 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

thanks.

is there a way I can contact them to find out? (maybe they aren't looking now but for after pesach or next elul)

Checkout www.detroityeshiva.org. You can call YBY to find out information about the kollel. The kollel is on the YBY "campus".
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating