Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How uncomfortable?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 12:50 pm
I've been doing 1/2 leg wax in the past, and I was covered till my knees...

I want to do a full leg wax this time. How uncomfortable and uncovered will I be?

Falafel

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 1:00 pm
You will be completely uncovered, except for wearing your underwear. (and shirt, of course).
You will likely start off uncomfortable, but later relax and realize - you're in a locked room with another woman who's seen much more than this earlier this day, and will likely see more later.

I always do a full leg/bikini wax, it's not something I got used to (being so uncovered), but I realize it's not such a big deal because it's a private (locked) room with a woman who's been doing this every day for x years.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:18 pm
I am glad you posted this since it is really a problem for me. I have often done the full leg/bikini wax and I hate it specifically since I am so exposed. Knowing that the technician has seen more or worse does not make me feel better. The whole time I am there all I can think of is how I am in my underwear with a woman I don't know. I am trying to relax against the pain and the is straining and examining my legs to make sure she didn't miss any spots. It is a real problem for me since these feelings do keep me from wanting to go for a waxing that I need and strains my shalom bayit.

Falafel

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:34 pm
I also find it helps me to bring reading material.

Leah254

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:20 pm
The exposure doesnt bother me, it's the pain. If I could be numbed I would do it all the time. The last time I got a bikini wax was before my wedding....

lamplighter

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 4:50 pm
I second the reading material idea.
I think the discomfort issue gets better over time...we're women (hear us roar)who go to ob/gyn ,give birth, and go to mikvah....now those things need getting used to Smile

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 9:15 pm
I barely feel the pain anymore, after over a decade of waxing. You sort of get immuned to it I guess. I never felt uncomfortable, but I guess that depends on if you've ever been semi-undressed in front of other women...
Don't think about it. You're getting a waxing, that's all.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 12:15 pm
Ok.. so I got through it... I did a FULL LEG WAX.... WOW!

It did hurt a bit here & there.... and she went up a little more after my thighs (bikini area) which I didn't ask for, but I didn't mind her doing it.

One thing, though. My legs (especially my upper thighs) are full of small red dots... like the hair roots are red. Looks a little bad. Is there anything to do about it?

Thanks for all your replies... I'm glad I had the courage to do it!

gamekeeper

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 2:00 pm
it will go away

bsheva

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 5:47 am
Maybe I'm a little naive but what exactly is a bikini wax? I get a leg wax every now and again up to my knees; it is after all only the part of the leg below my knees that anyone sees.

devowitz

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 7:01 am
Bsheva, I think it's for ppl who who show their DHs more. I do a bikini because DH doesn't like anything showing when I'm in underwear/lingerie. If you guys are ok as is, don't go through the pain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics