Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Boys simcha clothing?

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 1:45 pm
yay! my sister is a kallah! and now I need to find something nice for my boys to wear to the wedding iyh. they are size 12-18 months, and 3T. I DO NOT want a 5 peice tuxedo....I'd really like black or navy velvet....something cute.
are there any gemachs around that have things like this? or maybe a store that I can buy it cheaply?

TIA

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:15 pm
Look online for holiday/x-mas clothing...

Kumphort

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 2:34 pm
here's a reply from when I asked the same question

sunshine! wrote:
Theres a gemach in Lkwd that might be helpful. Number there is 732-901-8333 or a rental in brooklyn called blueprince. I don't know what you'll pay at the rental though. The gemach charges $15 an outfit

I didnt have any luck with either of those places though, and ended up buying a Tuxedo.

soldat

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 3:26 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
Look online for holiday/x-mas clothing...

I had no luck with this, although I did for my girls - I found all they had for boys were vests and ties - and I was looking for an outfit - (like a sailor suit) I finaly borrowed one from my sil

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 3:45 pm
I have a blue velvet outfit, but I think it's a smaller size than the one you need for an infant, and I don't think they make it in a bigger size for your older son to match.
I got it on 50% clearance from a local Jewish store, and it ended up being $25.

Barbara

Post Mon, Oct 27 2008, 6:31 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
yay! my sister is a kallah! and now I need to find something nice for my boys to wear to the wedding iyh. they are size 12-18 months, and 3T. I DO NOT want a 5 peice tuxedo....I'd really like black or navy velvet....something cute.
are there any gemachs around that have things like this? or maybe a store that I can buy it cheaply?

TIA

Mazel tov.

If you're sure of sizing, try ebay. People frequently sell dressy outfits after the event. Its a shame that its not after the December holiday season; you can usually find things cheaply then.

curlytop

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 9:03 pm
First of all, Mazal Tov!
When is the wedding...
for my son I put him in a tux for my bros wedding (he was 8 months) and then for my nieces wedding (when he was about 14 months) it was the summer so I bought him a solid white tux w/ wht patent leather shoes. With his blond hair... uch it was too cute.

But I dont think I would do it past 2...
I bought the tuxedos for $25 on McDonald Ave.. I have a 12 month in blk and a 18 month in wht if you want them (I think-- I have to check) Way cheaper and easier than gemaching.

rachelli613

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 11:37 am
where on macdonald did you get a tux for $25? I also have a wedding coming up and I dont want to spend a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics