Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Anyone in Chicago?
Previous  1  2

Rivk

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 8:21 pm
You're right - lashon hora.
I love Chicago too, Mommy912!
Yes - I know that a lubavitch community exists, but I never had much contact with it - not by choice, just circumstance.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 8:23 pm
I know it's "lashon hara" but I have to find out this info to make an informed decision.

Mommy912

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 8:25 pm
amother: you could try to set up an anonymous email account and post it online such as movintochicago@yahoo.com. Anyone with info could email you.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 8:30 pm
Mommy912 wrote:
amother: you could try to set up an anonymous email account and post it online such as movintochicago@yahoo.com. Anyone with info could email you.

too techincal. are there any moderators or ppl with inside info that can arrange this??????????

Mommy912

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 8:42 pm
I would be glad to serve as your go-between if you don't mind me knowing that you are thinking of moving. PM me with who you are, anyone else with Chicago info can PM me too and I will forward the info anonymously.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 8:46 pm
original amother - mommy912, that is very kind of you, and I'll take you up on your offer providing the other amother is willing, also - are you, amother#2?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 8:51 pm
you can e-mail me at chicagochabad@yahoo.com

thanks for the idea mommy

and thanks for the offer to be gobetween

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 8:57 pm
much appreciated, check your email.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 9:06 pm
wait just one thing to say that I don't think is lashon hara - in my experience the housing is much cheaper including rent. a friend of mine pays about 2/3 of what I pay for a much bigger apartment in better condition in a nicer neighborhood.

about the other questions I have a lot to say so maybe I will pm mommy912 if I get a chance.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 9:31 pm
what neighborhood do you live in? I have looked up houses for sale, and it's really not *much* cheaper than in ny. it's cheaper, but not MUCH. I've looked in wrp and skokie.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 9:48 pm
rent is definitely cheaper.

about houses, keep in mind that if you buy a house in ny (ch) you will probably also have to spend a ton of money just to make it habitable. in chicago (I would say almost for sure in skokie, and maybe also in wrp) you can pretty much move in the way it is.

also remember to compare other factors such as square footage of property, do you get a garage, backyard, etc.

and depends what you mean by "much".

I don't know hard numbers, and if you find out differently I guess I would be surprised but not shocked.

are you deciding between skokie and wrp? because that would also mean different answers to your other questions.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 10:14 pm
can you reply to my email, so we can discuss these things out of the public? what is the diff. bet skokie and wrp?

hisorerus

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 10:42 pm
Skokie does not really have a Chabad community, although some Lubavitchers live there, and there is a Shul and Mikvah. West Rogers Park is a complete community.

Skokie is 15 minutes away from "civilization."

amother

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 10:44 pm
hisorerus, do you live there?

hisorerus

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 10:50 pm
Nope, but have been around enough to know the score.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 1:20 am
amother wrote:
can you reply to my email, so we can discuss these things out of the public? what is the diff. bet skokie and wrp?

is this you: chicagochabad@yahoo.com ?

(I thought that was the other amother, who was answering you.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating