Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Son addicted to [filth]. Also, political contributions?
1  2  Next

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 8:37 am
I'm curious. Without getting into anything actually political about any candidate (please), I'm wondering whether anybody has made contributions to either candidate and/or either party.

This isn't anything political, I promise. That's why I put it in Chit Chat. I have no point to make and no hunch. I just wonder.

note: Nothing anybody says here will be used against her in any political thread, please.

I changed the name because it was dull. My son isn't really addicted to [filth]. He's nine. But he may be one day, so your advice can't hurt. Sorry it's so poorly worded, I ran out of space.

Last edited by Clarissa on Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 8:59 am
Hmm, not a compelling topic. Maybe I should change the name to "Does your husband like [filth] and do you make political contributions?"

This one is so boring it wasn't even read by anybody but me. Oh well, I was just curious.

FWIW, I've given both to the candidate I favor and to the party, as separate donations.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 9:09 am
I considered joining the youth for Sarkozy in the joy of the election but have no koyech to shlep to Paris.

JC

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 9:17 am
I wanted to, but my hubby wont allow me to. Yes, I said allow me to - he feels that strongly about it.

Its a deep-seeded (or is it deep-seated?) fear that his (our) name should be on anything political, be on any political list, anything that may one day be used against us if the tides should turn.

He is was extremely uncomfortable when I suggested we get a yard sign for the candidate that we support.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 10:26 am
I don't because if I have any extra money it would be used for a)myself b) tzadaka. I would feel guilty (not that I would in this election anyway, but if I ever liked a candidate) giving to them and seeing so many people suffer that could really use the money.

wanderer

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 10:29 am
I've donated to the party, not the candidate.

red sea

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 10:40 am
Fabulous wrote:
I don't because if I have any extra money it would be used for a)myself b) tzadaka. I would feel guilty (not that I would in this election anyway, but if I ever liked a candidate) giving to them and seeing so many people suffer that could really use the money.

I feel the same way, my $$ can go to way better uses than supporting corruption, you know like helping people keep a roof over their heads, food on the table etc. If there should ever be a candidate that I felt my donation could help them save the world you can ask me then.

small bean

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 11:43 am
I have a sign on my lawn and have given the min dontation when they called.

Maya

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:01 pm
I didn't contribute. It seems to me that with all the millions that the candidates are raising, my relatively measly contribution won't make a difference.

Crayon210

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:04 pm
Where do you think they get money from?

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:04 pm
Maya wrote:
I didn't contribute. It seems to me that with all the millions that the candidates are raising, my relatively measly contribution won't make a difference.
Then send me some money. I promise, it'll make a difference. tia!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:09 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Hmm, not a compelling topic. Maybe I should change the name to "Does your husband like [filth] and do you make political contributions?"

This one is so boring it wasn't even read by anybody but me. Oh well, I was just curious.

I didn't even see this until now. I might not have paid any attention either because I avoid anything that says, politi...
You could probably figure out than, that I don't contribute.
As for changing the name, probably if it sounded juicier more pple would open it.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:18 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

I didn't even see this until now. I might not have paid any attention either because I avoid anything that says, politi...
As for changing the name, probably if it sounded juicier more pple would open it.

Right you are. Change on the way.

Maya

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:21 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
From people who give thousands of dollars. Of course they also get small donations, but I don't think my $50 or so will make a difference to them.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:24 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
If you google people you know, you can often see their political contributions. Plenty of people I've googled (old friends, current friends, whatever) have given a thousand or two. That adds up. I've given less, but even small contributions like mine add up. In these intense times, I think people are desperate enough to contribute, even though they may not be people who would ordinarily do so.

A friend of my husband's was running for local office once. I disagree with everything he said and everything he stood for, but I sent money, to be nice. He lost, thank goodness.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:28 pm
Clarissa wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Right you are. Change on the way.

You are so totally right, I opened it again. Before I opened it because nothing was going on and now, because it said [filth] embarrassed . LOL

wanderer

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:37 pm
Oh, well maybe the son is into [filth] because the parent had contributed to Bill Clinton, and it had this kind of effect on the son? See how it DOES make a difference?!

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:43 pm
colorful! wrote:
Oh, well maybe the son is into [filth] because the parent had contributed to Bill Clinton, and it had this kind of effect on the son? See how it DOES make a difference?!
Uh-oh. I'd better check his computer history. And my toddler has been playing around on the computer a little too much, as well. Maybe they're both hooked.

cassandra

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 12:48 pm
I would in theory, but I in practice I haven't. When I went initially to make a contribution over the summer their payment system was down. I forgot about it and then when I remembered again the campaign had taken such a nosedive that I didn't want to contribute anymore, especially considering the candidate I had planned to contribute to would need hundreds of millions of dollars to catch up to his opponent, that even millions of people would give a small donation it still wouldn't be significant. So I didn't give. I do get daily e-mails asking me for money, though.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 1:08 pm
cassandra wrote:
I would in theory, but I in practice I haven't. When I went initially to make a contribution over the summer their payment system was down. I forgot about it and then when I remembered again the campaign had taken such a nosedive that I didn't want to contribute anymore, especially considering the candidate I had planned to contribute to would need hundreds of millions of dollars to catch up to his opponent, that even millions of people would give a small donation it still wouldn't be significant. So I didn't give. I do get daily e-mails asking me for money, though.
I will hold you personally responsible if McCain loses.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics