Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
In which season did you get married in?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

What season did you get married in?
winter  
 34%  [ 28 ]
spring  
 16%  [ 13 ]
summer  
 34%  [ 28 ]
autumn  
 13%  [ 11 ]
other... :?  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 81

BennysMommy

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:07 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
It also depends where Wink .
Yes, thanks to the two kooky Argentinians on the board, the seasons are all messed up.

I think I am starting to get the hang of it, though.

I take offense at the use of the word kooky. You can say Argentina is kooky but not me or yo'ma! Anyways we are both Americans, with American passports and American children. Now that that's off my chest...

Pesach and Sukkos are okay bc it's when the seasons are changing so the weather is pretty much the same as in the US.

But I don't think I will ever get used to having Chanukah in the summer!!!!

oh and I got married at the end of September in NY so I think it was the beginning of Fall. May have still been Summer.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:09 pm
I'll need to take a look at those passports, Ma'am.

chanagital

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:12 pm
what does that mean for me?!? I got only two official seasons here... Summer and Winter.... the others are just in name... not in weather. Summer is hot and winter is rainy not much in the middle....and defenatly no fall colors really here... in fact it made it real hard to teach the seasons in the public school cause there was really no difference between spring and summer and then winter and fall. But I got married I think in spring... I don't know what ever the first of Adar is.....

Last edited by chanagital on Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

yo'ma

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:12 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
I take offense at the use of the word kooky. You can say Argentina is kooky but not me or yo'ma! Anyways we are both Americans, with American passports and American children. Now that that's off my chest...

One of my kids are both, American and Argentinian, and bs"t one of your kids will also be. So, I guess, my baby is kooky. BennysMommy, isn't your dh Argentinian?

I also found out there's someone else on here who lives here, so there are at least 3.

Last edited by yo'ma on Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

NativeMom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:13 pm
We got married the beginning of march so I guess thats winter for all of us who live in the northern hemisphere

Pineapple

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:13 pm
chanagital wrote:
what does that mean for me?!? I got only two official seasons here... Summer and Winter.... the others are just in name... not in weather. Summer is hot and winter is rainy not much in the middle....and defenatly no fall colors really here... in fact it made it real hard to teach the seasons in the public school cause there was really no difference between spring and summer and then winter and fall. But I got married I think in spring... I don't know what ever the first of Adar is.....

Where do you live?

chanagital

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:34 pm
Southern California, Los Angeles to be more spacific. I am so weird most pple don't understand I first saw snow fall when I was 26. I have only seen it fall once. Ppl had to tell me it was snow... I thought it was a light hail.

Last edited by chanagital on Fri, Oct 31 2008, 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

tovarena

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 2:56 pm
I made my DH wait 7 months so we could get married during Chanuka. shock Don't ask - everyone though I was nuts! But truth is, we got engaged in April and unless we got married in under 6 weeks (which WASN'T happening - I was working full time and never would have had time to get everything done), we'd end up in the thick of hurricane season. I was not going to tempt fate that way - especially because we had MANY people coming in from out of town. So by putting it off until after hurricane season, that automatically put us into November so just a couple more weeks and I was able to get a date where I could really tie in the power of candles (everything had 3 candles - it was the third night of Chanuka) and then we didn't have to fast. That was really important to me as I'm a TERRIBLE faster.

Yakira

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 3:09 pm
June is also a very big frum wedding month. After Shavuous and sefira and before the 3 weeks, before kids go to camp and families go to the country. I always wanted to get married in the Concord Plaza on a Sunday in June. And I did Smile. It worked out like that cuz we got engaged in March and it was perfect because I was able to finish school and two jobs for the year before getting married and moving away.

I chose summer btw because it was officially a few days into summer when I got married.

ESB

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 3:20 pm
I got married beginning December. But it didnt feel like it. The people came without coats that day. The next day was freezing again.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 3:35 pm
I got engaged Rosh chodesh adar and got married rosh chodesh iyar- 7 weeks. Spring.

We got married that day bc our families didnt thinkn\ they cud get a wedding together (in EY) in time (atleast 2 weeks b4 pesach, which wudve given us only 3 weeks of engagement....) while we were all in America. and rosh chodesh is the only day your allowed to get married during sfira in yerushalayim.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 3:59 pm
ltlesmartmom wrote:
I got married in Nov. is that Winter?

Are you wearing pink today?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:01 pm
Got married in the dead of the winter because that’s when I got engaged and we were delighted to find a hall while my clothes still fit me.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:04 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Got married in the dead of the winter because that’s when I got engaged and we were delighted to find a hall while my clothes still fit me.

What do you mean while your clothes still fit you? I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying Confused .

Lilkingdom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:05 pm
I got married mid August. It was great because we had a month of summer and then it cooled off to fall and Yomim Tovim.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:06 pm
yo'ma wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:

What do you mean while your clothes still fit you? I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying Confused .

Um, this baby is due a number of years after that fateful day, thanks. I mean, I was always at risk of yo-yoing up and down sizes so while I had clothes that fit me right, we grabbed the opportunity to get married!

Ima2

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:13 pm
we got married labor day weekend...technically it's summer since it's before the 21st of sept

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:15 pm
Ima2 wrote:
we got married labor day weekend...technically it's summer since it's before the 21st of sept

is it labor day yet...............? Rolling Eyes

yo'ma

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:27 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:

Um, this baby is due a number of years after that fateful day, thanks. I mean, I was always at risk of yo-yoing up and down sizes so while I had clothes that fit me right, we grabbed the opportunity to get married!

Whew!! LOL
I know not this baby, but you do have other kids.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 4:29 pm
yo'ma wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:

Whew!! LOL
I know not this baby, but you do have other kids.

Thankfully, they waited their turns too.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics