Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tattoo makeup permitted?

momssr

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 4:16 am
hi ladies

I was wondering if it was against halacha to get permanent makeup done? (as in tattooed makeup)
If permitted, what about the mikveh? Is it a problem?

Thanks!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:28 am
Not allowed, it's a tattoo.
No problem with mikve, it's under the skin.

but ask your rav

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 8:21 am
I love the idea of it but it’s just another fantasy I will have to let go. My friend does tanning on her face for the summer so she goes with just lip gloss and looks fabulous. I’m not taking that health risk. And if you use quality makeup, it actually has ingredients to promote healthy skin which prevents wrinkle sin the future so you benefit all around. Now slather it on.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 10:43 am
Ask a Rabbi. I know some people who had it done. One woman tatooed her lips and another did her eyebrows and eyeliner. I'M NOT SAYING IT'S ALLOWED. I don't know if it is. I think it's more fun to apply the makeup and go for different looks.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 11:05 am
What I'm dreaming of these days is something that would make my lashes longer, fuller and darker without having to bother with mascara. Like fake lashes maybe, but I would need to ask if it's a chatzitza (my rav gave me a ok for hair extensions, so maybe this would be the same?). Unfortunately dh is only into the idea "if it's not visible". shock LOL (men don't really understand make up, right?).
I also don't know if they would be ok with lenses. And not sure they actually look good for a long time. Imagine running around with long, horrible, droopy lashes?? but I always wanted to try it once...

Which gives me an idea for two new threads...

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:06 am
Ruchel wrote:
What I'm dreaming of these days is something that would make my lashes longer, fuller and darker without having to bother with mascara. Like fake lashes maybe, but I would need to ask if it's a chatzitza (my rav gave me a ok for hair extensions, so maybe this would be the same?). Unfortunately dh is only into the idea "if it's not visible". shock LOL (men don't really understand make up, right?).
I also don't know if they would be ok with lenses. And not sure they actually look good for a long time. Imagine running around with long, horrible, droopy lashes?? but I always wanted to try it once...

Which gives me an idea for two new threads...

Lash implants would probably kill! Your eyelids are so sensitive. Oh, what we girls do for beauty. LOL
If you want, you can put on temporary false lashes when you go out but it's even more tedious than applying mascara.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:07 am
I heard some fakes last one week or one month. Daily, no way... I'm too lazy for that.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:09 am
I don't know. The ones I apply on brides last until you pull them off. I wouldn't go with monthly ones, can you imagine what you'd look like if one side falls off before the other is ready to come off...

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:16 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
I don't know. The ones I apply on brides last until you pull them off. I wouldn't go with monthly ones, can you imagine what you'd look like if one side falls off before the other is ready to come off...

the reason why I don't try
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics