Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
House in flatbush?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:32 pm
Dh and I are thinking about moving to Flatbush but we are unsure about prices of houses in the area. How much would a smallish house, say 3-4 bdrms, go for? If anyone had numbers to any good brokers it would be greatly appreciated

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:37 pm
Prices vary very widely by neighborhood.
Marine park, especially fr out, will be the least expensive. You can get a house in the 5-600's. Maybe even high fours, if you go way out, or to Canarsie.
"Prime" Midwood locations (Ocean to Nostrand, I to O) will be much, much more expensive. So will the Syrian neighborhoods, which are much bigger than they used to be. So will Madison, especially under Avenue S.
I don't know many realtors- try Chumie Rokeach at Schick Rokeach realtors- (718) 253-8290- she deals with higher end stuff, but I am sure she can recommend someone to you if she doesn't have anything.

Good luck!!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:48 pm
amother, when was the last time you looked at housing prices? I'm in the market now and it's way different than what you're portraying.

I'm not so sure about prime flatbush, but you can get a home in marine park in the 400s easily. there are even a few in the 300s now that need some work. just look on craigslist, there are a few going for 399K, and those are just asking prices. canarsie... well I don't know why anyone would want to live there, but depending on where, you can get a 2 family home for around 379K.

pappymom

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:52 pm
amother above, do you have any numbers to realtors?

red sea

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 12:28 am
Just wanted to add that 4 bedrooms is not considered "smallish" in brooklyn, it is a hard to find commodity unless you are buying s/t really quite expensive.

octopus

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 9:54 am
yeah, three bedrooms is standard. four bedrooms is unusual in a "regular" looking house.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 10:03 pm
I guess im not understanding octopus, what do you mean by "regular." I thought most houses that are "regular" have the 3 upstairs, and then 2 or 3 in the basement. if its just a semi or detached house- so main floor is living dining kitchen maybe bathroom, upstairs is 3 bedrooms bathroom, and basement is a repeat? I thought this was the usual?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 10:07 pm
nope. sorry amother, that is not the norm in flatbush. 3 bedrooms on the second floor, basement can be anything. rooms in the basement are generally not classified as bedrooms. if you get a four bedroom house all bedrooms will be on the top floor.

basements are often divided into room areas rather than closed rooms. of course, it's also common to have houses with unfinished basements, in which case you can create some real bedrooms there.

dillie

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 11:36 pm
re: basements: sorry, amother, but from what I've seen, if you want 3 bedrooms in your basement you are going to have to redo your basement yourself. which is not necessarily a bad option, I've seen some really nice ones... although those usually invoilve digging down, which can be expensive.
how is the search going?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating