Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Who is moving if their candidate doesn't win?
1  2  3  4  Next

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 11:17 pm
I was going to do a search to see which posters said they'd move if their candidate, whoever that might be, doesn't win. But I'm tired and my husband wants the computer.

Who said it (I can remember a few, but not all), and who is really planning on going, if (and I know that's a big if) their candidate loses and the other guy wins? When do you think you'd go? Where? I'm assuming Israel, right?

I'm curious. I've heard this in the past from people on both sides, but I've never known anybody who really left. I could do a search and look up who said it in posts, but I'm lazy.

costanza

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 11:18 pm
I hear that Seal and Heidi Klum will leave if McCain wins. But neither of them are American anyway.

happyone

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 11:38 pm
I'm not moving, but want to make passports for my family if Obama wins. When everyone asks me where I think I'm going, my FIL teases that since all the illegal immigrants are leaving Mexico, they are making room for us to settle there. LOL

lubaussie

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 11:53 pm
Just wanna say Clarissa that I've been reading all the "Oooh don't vote for Obama the terrorist"-type threads and your sarcastic responses are HYSTERICAL. I was Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter . I was tempted to start an anonymous thread warning ppl not to vote for Obama because of XYZ reasons...just to see your response LOL embarrassed but thought better of it. lol.
those idiotic remarks really annoy me too, but I get it from my FAMILY Mad all day long "hes black" "hes bad for the Jews" blah blah blah. its refreshing to read your funny and educated retorts. and, btw, I support mccain.

anyway keep it up Thumbs Up

Last edited by lubaussie on Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Miss Missie

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:06 am
Yeah, Clarissa is the best! I'd vote for her even if she's so liberal.

I believe she would not tolerate remarks like 'American chickens coming home to roost' and the likes-so no concerns there...

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 4:54 am
I won't be moving from America, but I sure won't be moving back to America!

Ima'la

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 5:23 am
The first time I ever heard of people (not posters!) saying they were going to move out of the country b/c their candidate didn't win was Kerry supporters after the last election. I thought it sounded pretty immature. So, no. (I mean not that I live in the US, but in principle.) OTOH, I'm always all for people moving to E"Y! But E"Y isn't exactly the best place to escape and American prez!!!!!!!

bubby

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 7:41 am
Isn't it interesting that the only postters who are rude & insulting ("idiotic remarks" are the nicer comments) are from Obama supporters. Hmmm. So if frum Jews take these attitudes towards others who dare to have alternate views, just imagine what the non jews will do to us.

I'm wearing my Sarah Palin button today. I'll let you know if I get spat at, pushed, etc. And yes, we are moving if G-d forbid Obama wins, bli neder. DH & I discussed it again last night. But it's OK, you guys won't miss us!!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 7:43 am
When Sarkozy got elected, there were ultra left wingers, especially rich, celeb types, who said they would move. They did not.

lubaussie

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 7:47 am
bubby wrote:
Isn't it interesting that the only postters who are rude & insulting ("idiotic remarks" are the nicer comments) are from Obama supporters.

Actually, if you would have read my post, I'm a McCain supporter. I still recognise rubbish when I see it. I stand by what I said.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 7:51 am
I'm still voting for mickey mouse, so you can count me as apolitical. there has been plenty of mudslinging on both sides. last night there was a thread insinuating that anyone voting for obama had a low IQ. there are plenty of threads started by supporters of both candidates, that never should have been started IMHO.

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:02 am
bubby wrote:
Isn't it interesting that the only postters who are rude & insulting ("idiotic remarks" are the nicer comments) are from Obama supporters. Hmmm. So if frum Jews take these attitudes towards others who dare to have alternate views, just imagine what the non jews will do to us.

I'm wearing my Sarah Palin button today. I'll let you know if I get spat at, pushed, etc. And yes, we are moving if G-d forbid Obama wins, bli neder. DH & I discussed it again last night. But it's OK, you guys won't miss us!!

Today I've been called...

blind, naive and deluded
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=20

On the 29th, Obama supporters were called blind here
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0

Here an article said Obama supporters are stupid and self-hating
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....=pogo

Here I got told Democratic voters are blindly following tradition
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....20000

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:03 am
bubby wrote:
Isn't it interesting that the only postters who are rude & insulting ("idiotic remarks" are the nicer comments) are from Obama supporters.
You gotta be kidding.

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:04 am
chaylizi wrote:
I'm still voting for mickey mouse, so you can count me as apolitical. there has been plenty of mudslinging on both sides. last night there was a thread insinuating that anyone voting for obama had a low IQ. there are plenty of threads started by supporters of both candidates, that never should have been started IMHO.

What she said.

How's Little Miss GAMZu's bashert doing, btw? Very Happy

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:07 am
bubby wrote:
You can't argue with logic when you're up against blind hysterical adoration bordering on the fanatical.
Thanks for the respect, my fellow frum Jew.

bubby wrote:
So if frum Jews take these attitudes towards others who dare to have alternate views, just imagine what the non jews will do to us.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:08 am
avigailmiriam wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

What she said.

really? you're voting for mickey mouse too? Very Happy

we've exchanged pictures already. things are looking good.

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:09 am
chaylizi wrote:
avigailmiriam wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

What she said.

really? you're voting for mickey mouse too? Very Happy

we've exchanged pictures already. things are looking good.

I voted by absentee a while ago. Three guesses as to whom. No, I was referring to your other points.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:16 am
I was just joking.

avigailmiriam

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:17 am
chaylizi wrote:
I was just joking.

Very Happy I know. Sorry, my sense of humor was not coming across there...

chaylizi

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:19 am
no it didn't translate well. it could just be that I have not slept in 2 weeks. my sense of humor has been temporarily extinguished.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics