Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Evening job and kids

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 2:25 am
I started working for american registry 2 nights ago, because it's us hours I work I start at 4.30pm however I'm having a difficult time juggling supper and bedtimes and dh doesn't come back from work till late.

any ideas??

mimivan

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 2:38 am
this is tough!
Are you being paid by the hour or according to how much work you do?
If paid by the hour, it might be an issue with having to take time to get the kids to bed.
Perhaps you could work late into the night and take naps during the day when the kids are in school?
Perhaps you could get a very part time mother's helper (they don't come cheap)...maybe there are girls in Beitar who won't charge very much money..?

Since I came back, my boss says I have to work a split shift and have to do some evening hours...fortunately I can do this after 8 when they are in bed...but I hear you it is tough...

And I suppose another issue is how you keep them occupied while you are working?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 2:58 am
Hmm... I can only say - don't do it!

I know, sometimes I have an assignment that I just have to finish. When I sit and work at the time that my kids (justifiably) feel they deserve a little Mummy time, they just act up and everything gets tense and takes three times as long. If I really have to work between 6-8pm I close the door and tell dd1 to take over. But you don't have that... I just think
Mummy at home + bedtime + Mummy trying to work = disaster.

Well, I guess I was very encouraging there... Rolling Eyes

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 5:21 am
I actually work on commission, I need to get a certain amout of emails our per night, 25-30, last night I got them all out which includes phone calls.

the problem is when they fight alot, I do close themamad door but I can't take soo much timeoff to feed them. I prepare the supper give itto them and then go back. ds2 needs hel;p withs howers but ds1 can manage alone, but it's still tough.

right now I'm doingit cus we have soo many chovas that I need to get rid of them though I may stop eventually.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 6:20 am
The only way one can do it is if the husband is home then to take over. I was reviewing chumish homework with my dd two nights ago and nearly explode d- dh should be home helping, I don’t know this stuff! Then I had to smack myself on the head and say, oh well, he’s out earning a living. So there.

shosh

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 7:16 am
I never go on the computer during those hours. I tend to stop working at 2 and only go back to it at 8, when the little ones are in bed and only look at the computer for the occasional Imamother glance.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 8:13 am
Browsing old stuff here. What kind of company is American registry? Can apply there for a work from home job is the US? For after 5

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
Browsing old stuff here. What kind of company is American registry? Can apply there for a work from home job is the US? For after 5

It was a company that employed Israelis.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 2:30 pm
Does it even exist anymore? This thread is 9 years old

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 6:35 pm
What is the going rate now for a good computer and phone job, evening hours in Brooklyn. At the company's location? I have an interview. Thanks

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
What is the going rate now for a good computer and phone job, evening hours in Brooklyn. At the company's location? I have an interview. Thanks

What is a computer and phone job? What will you be doing, and how many years experience do you have?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 6:54 pm
Deleted

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 10:34 pm
Bump, anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers