Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeover @ mall
Previous  1  2

mommy24

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:50 am
I am not hte OP, but I wanted to know, has anyone gone to Sephora? Do you need to make an appt? What was your experience? I will be in the city in a few weeks so I figured instead of ordering online, go to a store and check it out, and maybe even have makeover as well.

Taliaville

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 12:08 pm
I've gone to sephora- I looked great after the person was done with me, but I told her I wanted a natural look- you dont need an apointment- just walk in and ask for help from someone standing around who works there...

mommy24

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 12:23 pm
great thanks for the info. did it cost anything?

Butterfly

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 3:23 pm
Where is Sephora located? an address please? phone #?

Looking for someone in Brooklyn.. Boro Park area would be most preferable.

pomegranate

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 3:49 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Where is Sephora located? an address please? phone #?

Looking for someone in Brooklyn.. Boro Park area would be most preferable.

I know there is one across macy's on 34th st. in manhattan

firetruck

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 3:53 pm
There's one right near Grand Central.
It's on 42nd street between Madison and 5th.

STovah

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 4:12 pm
There's one near Times Square - around 7th and 45th and another near Rockefeller Center - 5th and 48th

Maya

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 4:16 pm
I'd suggest you go to one that's not in such a busy neighborhood. These busy ones listed above will be packed with people, and their stores are not that big. It get really crowded.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 4:47 pm
tziganka wrote:
Hey,

If I were you I would not go to the mall or MAC.
I'm a makeup artist and have been doing for a very long time. My makeup case is full of makeup from many different companies. The reason I do not recomend going to the makeup counter of a brand is because the makeup artisits job is to sell you products from that brand. Often, they aren't even makeup artisits but just sales people, and you will most likely leave buying a bunch of stuff you did not need and will never use. Even if a brand has one good product it does not mean that all of their produscts are good. As a matter of fact I can't think of one brand which has all good products. If I were you I would go to a place like Sephora where the makeup artists are trained in many different brands or contact a local makeup artist and ask for a consultation. If you're in the Brooklyn area I would be more then happy to help you.

Good Luck!

I agree.

Butterfly

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 5:22 pm
When I am the Balas Simcha of a special occasion, I would prefer to do my face in Boro park, or at least nearby, like in flatbush.

I have shopped before in dept. stores for make-up, and realized that their prices are just as high or even higher than when I buy them locally on 13th av. unless they have special promotions at certain days, which I usually miss out on anyways, and most of the time they didn't match the right color foundation for me, due to their store lighting, which is not the natural lighting of real day-light..

I used to shop at a big cosmetic store in Boro park, M&H on 13th av.,but they closed down. The other stores here don't carry my brand (christian Dior). I would love to find a professional make up lady close by, who can help me choose the right foundation (doesn't have to be C. D.) and other make up as well. And at the same time it would make me very happy that I could have the opportunity to spend the same (or less) amount of money for a heimish person instead.

Butterfly

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 5:26 pm
Tziganka, where are you located? I PM'd you, but I'm not sure if I did it right..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics