Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you make lists?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

hodaya

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 11:44 am
My mother used to have tons of lists... she had lists that reminded her to check her other lists!
I don't use lists though my husband wished I did maybe I wouldn't forget things so often then......hmmmm it's a good idea!

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 11:49 am
I inherited a cookbook from my grandmother, who died 15 years ago. Her cookbook an engagement or wedding gift from 1935.

She saved all kinds of stuff in there, including a few old shopping lists and coupons.. one which expired in 1967.

I treasure those old lists. Its interesting to know what housewives cooked with in her day. (schmaltz, anyone?)

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 2:26 pm
hodaya wrote:
My mother used to have tons of lists... she had lists that reminded her to check her other lists!
I don't use lists though my husband wished I did maybe I wouldn't forget things so often then......hmmmm it's a good idea!

My mother is miss forgetful. She might make a list for y"t or party meals, but that's it. The way that she remembers things is by putting a piece of tape or similar object on her shirt. You might ask how this reminds her. Well, she wears it at work and everybody says, you know you have a piece of tape on your shirt? LOL Now, just if she'd remember why she put it there Wink .

shosh

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 2:34 pm
A lady after my own heart ...

NativeMom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 2:41 pm
I only make shopping lists, my mother on the other hand makes lists for everything. She has a notebook and she makes lists of things she needs to do that day. She uses it as a record because she makes a family journal every year with pictures and news clippings. She likes to be as accurate as possible because she doesn't work on the journal every day. I think she has 4 years worth of journals and every once in a while we site down and look through it. Its a lot of fun to reminisce.

cookielady

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 2:56 pm
I love making lists. I will even list things I have done already just for the thrill of crossing it off.

costanza

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 4:16 pm
elf123 wrote:
Around here, the saying is "If it's not on the list, it doesn't exist!" :D

Like "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit". I like you elf.

I always make lists. And usually forget them when I shop. But the act of writing the list helps me remember what to buy in the store. I visualize the list on the counter at home.

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 8:55 pm
cookielady wrote:
I love making lists. I will even list things I have done already just for the thrill of crossing it off.

haha I've done that a few times too!

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 9:15 pm
All I feel like I've been doing lately is making lists!!
I make lists in my school notebook, on backs of envelopes laying around, on post-its, on the backs of catalogs, yesterday I even used my good old braille slate and stylus because it was on my kitchen table!--I like making lists because I feel that just by actually making a list, I've accomplished something! that involves organization!

chanagital

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 9:16 pm
I make lists... and every once in a while actually use them. But sometimes it is just writing it down that makes me remember what is going on.

RachelB

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:03 am
I make lists and lists and lists.
Shopping lists, lists of things to work on my website, lists of things to do in the house, weekly lists of bills/phone calls, menu lists etc. - I don't have too look at them, once it's written down I can usually remember it.

mcmom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:30 pm
I make lists all the time. I go away for Shabbos quite often so I have a list what I need to take along for DH, myself and the kids, even with the list I sometimes forget, so imagine without?! Shopping lists......Things to do at home list........ Don't even get close to my mother she has a list for everything.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:52 pm
Sure. I keep a datebook too. I dopn't know how I would remember e/thing otherwise.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 12:54 pm
I cannot keep my house running without lists.

I keep shopping lists and to do lists.

for shabbos cleaning I make a list of what I have to do, then go over it and number everything in order of priority. that way I get the most important things done, even if I don't finish everything.

my kids love scribbling on my lists, so they're always nicely illustrated.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 1:57 pm
I make 'em. I may not look at 'em, but I make 'em.

beth

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 3:15 pm
definatly have to do list!I have a to do list for dh and email him what I need him to do so im not a nag!

cookielady

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 3:17 pm
beth wrote:
definatly have to do list!I have a to do list for dh and email him what I need him to do so im not a nag!

beth, that's a smart way to do it. I must give that a try.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 3:39 pm
cookielady wrote:

I took an MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) class at work. This is quintissential type "J" of the 4th dichotomy (J or P) behavior....and since most of my coworkers are ISTJs, including myself (very strong J too), I also get a geshmach from adding things to a list and then immediately crossing them out.

IT's also what I do in boring meetings to stay awake.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:56 pm
Music I'm making a list, I'm checking it twice.... Music

shoy18

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:01 pm
I make shopping lists all the time my only problem is that I usually forget the list at home. I think I need a note telling me to take the list!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics