Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pretty...more people help you?
1  2  3  Next

yo'ma

Post Fri, Nov 07 2008, 3:28 pm
From reading the "brooklyn, manners" thread, I was thinking, if you think that if someone is nice looking, more people help them. What do you think?

Barbara

Post Fri, Nov 07 2008, 3:31 pm
yo'ma wrote:
From reading the "brooklyn, manners" thread, I was thinking, if you think that if someone is nice looking, more people help them. What do you think?

Yes. No question at all. Its not right, but its true.

Maya

Post Fri, Nov 07 2008, 3:39 pm
Oh, definitely. And there are times when I really enjoy seeing someone scramble to help me when it's not even necessary.

I can't remember any incidents at the moment, but it has happened to me, in a very obvious way, quite a few times. And I love to tell my husband about them. Smile

cassandra

Post Fri, Nov 07 2008, 4:08 pm
People offer to help me all the time and I'm not classically attractive. (Though no one has offered to help me when I don't actually need help, so maybe that's why...)

lubaussie

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 5:58 am
That's really funny that you ask that, because I was wondering the EXACT same thing. I've always had this theory that prettier people get ahead in life. Actually, scientists/reseachers say that pretty people get more attention from people, so consequentially they will be more successful. I've always wanted to find this out. I wonder if those people with stunning, gorgeous faces that make you stop and stare are really more successful in life?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 10:56 am
Chava wrote:
That's really funny that you ask that, because I was wondering the EXACT same thing. I've always had this theory that prettier people get ahead in life. Actually, scientists/reseachers say that pretty people get more attention from people, so consequentially they will be more successful. I've always wanted to find this out. I wonder if those people with stunning, gorgeous faces that make you stop and stare are really more successful in life?

Yes, there have been studies. As an adult I definitely have moved up quickly in a previous career because of my looks and I was special treatment. As a child I was taken advantage of by an older relative so it's not always a good thing, and that made me self-conscious about being attractive. I feel like I attract men's attention when I don't want it, at restaurants men (and women stare at me) and I dress down and don't buy nice clothes or wear jewelry because of this. DH gets upset when other men stare. I'm not trying to make anyone feel sorry for beautiful people, but if you're not seeking the attention it can be the opposite of a gift.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 5:56 pm
I've had a guy offer to carry a shopping bags for me with one small item inside. Do I think it has to do with beauty? Nah...probably just a come on.

bandcm

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 6:29 pm
We were talking about Brooklyn...in frum neighborhoods I doubt that men will be more eager to help you if you are attractive. Neither will women, obviously.

Maya

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 6:40 pm
bandcm wrote:
We were talking about Brooklyn...in frum neighborhoods I doubt that men will be more eager to help you if you are attractive. Neither will women, obviously.
You'd be surprised about the men. My post was about a frum part of Brooklyn.

yo'ma

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 6:43 pm
bandcm wrote:

I know, but I meant in general, anyway.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 7:02 pm
I consider myself very attractive and I find that people are more intimidated around me.

Clarissa

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 7:03 pm
amother wrote:
I consider myself very attractive and I find that people are more intimidated around me.
I know I'm intimidated by you.

red sea

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 7:15 pm
I think its attractive not pretty pple that have all the scramblers to help them

lubaussie

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 9:01 pm
red sea wrote:
I think its attractive not pretty pple that have all the scramblers to help them

Yes

bear in mind there's a difference between s-xy and pretty

altho, when I walked into a store with my pretty (not s-xy - her face is beautiful but in a childish way) friend, the men Rolling Eyes at counter offered her a bargain Exploding anger and not me. and they were really helpful to her.

mama-star

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 9:19 pm
yes, attractive people b'chlal have more opportnuities. there have been numerous studies published on this topic.

you know, I guess that's why people are so nice to me, because, you know, I'm such a looker.

lubaussie

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 9:58 pm
Clarissa wrote:
amother wrote:
I know I'm intimidated by you.

Rolling Laughter

cookielady

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 10:02 pm
I went out to eat at a restaurant on two different occasions. Once was with a friend who is stunning. The second time it was with a rather homely friend. Our waiter couldn't do enough for us with "pretty" friend and with "homely" friend she couldn't get him to refill her water.

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 10:10 pm
Quote:
if you think that if someone is nice looking, more people help them. What do you think?

Women to women hardly, however men are anotha story altogether Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

queen

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 10:14 pm
I believe the same holds true with kids in school. Those that are dressed nicely and neat get better attention, love and care.

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 08 2008, 10:27 pm
Quote:
Those that are dressed nicely and neat get better attention, love and care.

Hygiene is a whole lot different (and another thread,) then someones looks u know Wink
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics