Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloach Manos Ideas for Mother and Shvigger?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

lucky

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 11:07 am
I usually like to send home baked goodies for MM. Problem is always how to package it. I cant just drop hamentashen into a nice shopping bag? Confused When I will have my MM plans (and costumes)finalized, I will sleep better. LOL LOL

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:19 pm
that rose idea sounds nice - but expensive!
I was thinging of doing something simple, but not the usual hamantash and lolly, which people end up with so many of...
so maybe like...a pint of cherry tomatoes with a drink??? maybe I'm thinking that way cuz I'm dieting...

mother48

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:30 pm
I always liked the idea of sending a layered salad in a trifle bowl, with the dressing in a bottle and the recipe on a card. now I just need to find the bowls...and don't think it's any cheaper..

LikeMeDoes

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:46 pm
I was thinking of doing something practical, that ppl can eat b/c purim is such a busy day that often we don't eat anything normal till the seudah - just nash whatever is around. So I'm thinking of making a dip or 2 and putting it in an inexpensive basket with an assortment of crackers, breadsticks and mini rolls.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 3:19 pm
E&D wrote:
I was thinking of doing something practical, that ppl can eat b/c purim is such a busy day that often we don't eat anything normal till the seudah - just nash whatever is around. So I'm thinking of making a dip or 2 and putting it in an inexpensive basket with an assortment of crackers, breadsticks and mini rolls.

nice idea! will you make the dips and rolls? maybe I can steal your idea? (I'm still thinking...)

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 6:30 pm
I just had a baby so I was thinking of doing a baby theme. Anyone have any cute ideas what I can get for this theme??? THANKS

Crayon210

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 6:31 pm
I think this was mentioned, but something like baby corn, baby carrots...

Mommy912

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 6:56 pm
Gals who just had babies should just sit home and rest - or go away to parents/in-laws.
Just because it is Purim you don't need to make yourself crazy to do a big theme shalach manos. Everyone will understand - just TAKE IT EASY.
Forget about the baby theme, concentrate on mommy.
Mazel Tov!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 8:05 pm
baby theme is cute, too! (as long as you didn't JUST have a baby and need to rest). mine will be about 3 months by then...shoudl I try it?? I am confused what I should do. Smile
they also sell pacifier candies!!

SV

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 8:41 pm
I haven't done this but heard of this ingenious idea - we get SO much nosh right before pesach, it's crazy...so why not do a kosher l"pesach MM so you dont have to frantically eat up all the nosh in 4 weeks...little grape juice bottle, kosher l"pesach cookes, candies, fruit etc.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 11:52 pm
My baby will be about 6 weeks by purim. Think I can get away without making shalach manos this year? (Im the amother who wanted to get ideas on a baby theme)

willow

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 1:31 am
I don't plan on making mm,excrept I really want to give something special to the individuals that helpe me so much, so a baby theme is really cute if it doesn't get expensive.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 2:13 am
lucky wrote:
I usually like to send home baked goodies for MM. Problem is always how to package it. I cant just drop hamentashen into a nice shopping bag? Confused When I will have my MM plans (and costumes)finalized, I will sleep better. LOL LOL

I wrap a few of my homebaked hamantashen in clear pretty cellophane and tie with curling ribbon, and drop it in = you guessed it- into a nice shopping bag, with some other stuff.

cl

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 4:50 am
my baby was 2m old last purim so I let myself do a really simple MM - just bought pretty bags and put in a bottle of sparkling grape juice and box of cookies.

If you want to do a baby theme you can buy cheap baby-bottles from dollar-store and fill with nosh or fill pretty bags like I did but accessorise with pacifiers (cheap dollar store kind!) on ribbon.

didan

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 9:42 am
B"H

I'm looking for a "theme" that's not expensive and easy to do. Some og the things I've done in the past are:

1)last year I baked challah and made 2 dips, and it was a Shabbos package
2)one year I empties water bottles, filled it with "stuff", and it was a "L'chaim"
3)I got cheap vases, filled it with candy, made fruit roll up flowers to stick in, and tied hamantashen as a ribbon on it

Any one have any other ideas?

Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 10:28 am
I'm doing a salad theme:
I bought plastic salad bowls. In them, I'm putting a bag of lettuce, box of grape tomatoes and a bottle of Italian dressing. Then, I'll wrap the whole thing with clear gift wrap and close it with a pretty ribbon.

hisorerus

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 11:03 am
I said this before, but I'll be IY"H making mini fruit platters.

Another idea is to dip everything you give in chocolate- hamentash, strawberry, plus a few chocolates.

queen

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 11:04 am
hisorerus--- and then hope it isn't too sunny purim day Very Happy

alex

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 2:01 pm
last year I used spagetti theme: bag of epensive spagetti
galic powder
tomato paste
wooden spoon
oven gloves
It was big succes and not epensive at all.This year I am thinking of doing chinese

mommy2

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 7:32 pm
Alex that sounds cute but Im pretty sure the foods sent for the mitzva are supposed to be ready to eat.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics