Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloach Manos Ideas for Mother and Shvigger?
Previous  1  2  3

Yehudis2

Post Mon, Mar 06 2006, 10:07 pm
Hi,

I love being creative.and Purim is where my juices flow.

Here's some of my ideas from cheap to expensive I've done over the years.

The absolute cheapest - very spiritual theme!
Ahavas Torah theme - A chocolate Torah mold, with 2 heart cookies and 4 heart jelly beans. I put it in one of those triangular plastic sandwich holders and a scroll and ribbon stuck on top with heart. The scroll showed the gemoro that says that Klal yisroel reaccepted the Torah - B'ahava. Even though it was nothing it was a big hit. I also dressed up my baby (5 months ) in his white shabbos outfit and stuck big red hearts all over it and he carried around his stuffed Torah toy all day. Anybody wants to see pictures, pm me with your email address and I'll send them to you so you can see how I did it.

Apple theme- apple cake, apple, apple juice, apple candy,
Match up your kids as granny smith, pink lady and uncle jonathans (sorry to say I didn't have kids at the time to do that!! )

Breakfast theme- I bought the most adorable cheese holder that had a domed clear lid. In it I put a huge breakfast muffin, grapes and a teabag.
I delivered it early while most of my friends were hearing their megillah.
Most of my friends said their kids/spouses ate it before they got home!

The erev shabbos year I was away on a business trip so I bought a cheap jug and I got my fruiterer to decore pineapples for me and put it in the jug. I then put some strawberries on top. This was expensive so I limited to who I gave it to but people used it for the seudo or shabbos so it went down well.

Last year- what a joke. I ended up having my baby 3 weeks early.- the week of purim! This idea I got off the atime site some years ago but I amended it. (Yes any old atimers reading this, try and guess who I am!) Theme was Hamansty dumpty on the wall. So I got a wooden chopping board and bought wafers for the wall, and thats as far as I got. Since we didn't do deliveries - we ended up with alot of wafer leftovers being in hospital meant we were away for most of the MM that ended up on our doorstep. The idea was to take a hardboiled egg as Haman. Somebody should use that idea its really cute.

This year is also off the atime site.
This arrangeMINT is for your enjoyMINT With CompliMINTs the ......
So I bought mint chocolates and mint lollies and a mint teabag and putting it all in a nice mug (for lack of time to create something more)
For my son's creche teachers I am going to add
Thanks for giving my son alot of exciteMINT and encourageMINT !
My children are not going to be matching - lack of time!!

Cute ideas - the hot stuff idea, dress up your kids as matchgirls, or matches/flames/candles or firemen and give a hot stuff mm with all kinds of spicy foods.

Enjoy!

Yehudis2 (not the other yehudis)

goldrose

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 9:29 am
yehudis, thanks for those ideas! I think I'll be adapting one of them!

Blossom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 11:43 pm
Quote:
are you started for pesach as well??!!

Are you kidding me?? I have licked off half of my yummy caramel cheesecake already which is in the freezer for Shavous Rolling Eyes

chen

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 10:44 am
mommy2 wrote:
Alex that sounds cute but Im pretty sure the foods sent for the mitzva are supposed to be ready to eat.

Correct. At least two foods must be ready to eat. You can have extra stuff that needs prep once you have the basic 2 in there. I'm not sure if garlic powder and tomato paste count as "ready-to-eat" foods Confused .
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics