Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
My bechor is having a Bar Mitzvah
Previous  1  2  3

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 5:43 am
Wow! What a week it's been. Monday night we had the big party to which some of our imamothers came. It was alot of fun. We had music, dancing, great food and I had fun!
The next evening we had the seudat chaverim at our house. The boys from Yehuda's cheder came and sang songs (mostly in Yiddish) for 2 hours. They ate and had fun. THEN, the piece du resistance - the Amshinov Rebbe (Bichvodo Uve'atzmo) came to MY HOUSE! He made a tish here. Sat and talked Torah with my son, ate cake, gave out shirayim. I can't tell you how exciting that was. What a zechus to have this holy person bring bracha and shefa into my home.
Here he is talking with my son:

And alone:

Then, as if that all wasn't enough, I had a family Shabbos here in Kiryat Sefer. My siblings and some of their kids and my husband's siblings and some of theirs all came to Kiryat Sefer. I catered the meals at a hall. My son leined the entire parsha (usually not done around here) and did such a wonderful job. He had such self confidence and he wasn't nervous at all. HE WAS GREAT! I am such a proud mama!!! We had a big kiddush in shul because people came from all over to daven. Friends who couldn't make it to the party also showed. It was lovely. The Shabbos was just so wonderful and healthy and heartwarming - having the families all together. We both have such nice families!

Anyway, it's over and I'm exhausted and totally crashing. My house is still messy and I can't quite cope yet.... Just thought I'd share.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 5:58 am
Mazal Tov!!

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 6:01 am
Did your father participate?

zigi

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 6:02 am
wow! mazel tov again. the pictures are really nice!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 7:34 am
My dad came to the big party last week (in a wheelchair + filipino). He didn't make it for Shabbos cause he wasn't well and my mom came down with a bad cold. I don't think he'll be spending Shabbatot away from home anymore, at this point, sadly.

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 9:06 am
Nice, Chossidmom. Sounds like it was all very special. Mazel Tov again.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics