Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Restaurant in yerushalayim?
1  2  Next

tinker-belle

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 5:30 pm
Hi. IYH we plan on making our first family trip to Israel this august in honor of our son's bar mitzvah. He would lein at the kotel; and then we would love to be able to walk to a dairy inexpensive but nice restaurant for a brunch afterwards.
Does anybody have any recommendations?
TIA!

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 5:45 pm
menorah cafe in the old city

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 5:56 pm
Is it just your direct family or a large group? You might have to make reservations.

tinker-belle

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 7:22 pm
We are a minimum of 11 people, but I could have over thirty people, won't know til closer to the date. Is 'between the arches' any good?
Menorah Cafe looks to be a little small from a picture I saw, is it? How's the ambience?
Does it have a private party room?

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 7:37 pm
I was never at the menorah cafe but I think it has a party room. Not sure tho, call to find out.

Ive never heard of between the arches.

Marion

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 7:50 pm
Between the Arches is nice, but are they still there? I thought they moved.

shabri

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 1:54 am
A lot of the hechsherim in the Old City have been funny lately. So I would double check before I reserved anything. I don't think Menorah has a private room, but it has a cute outdoor area.

What I would do is go to cafe rimon in the Mamilla mall right outside the old city. It has ons of room (no sep party room but can easily accommodate 30 ppl) and yummy food

hila

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 2:14 am
Or Village green on Yaffo . They do a great breakfast and have a large room you could use downstairs
Telephone 972 2 625 3065

slushiemom

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 6:08 am
There is a new outdoor mall right outside the old city, and there is a dairy branch of Cafe Rimon there. The food is great, it's spacious and the view is gorgeous!! Mazal Tov!

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 6:56 am
Cafe Rimon on Ben Yehuda is also nice. A bit far but a lovely walk!

lst

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 8:28 am
cafe rimon is nice, especially outside at mamilla. however, it depends how you define inexpensive.

shabri

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 12:16 pm
True, but its def comparable to any place in the Old City or in town.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 12:26 pm
I was at "Between the Arches" at a Bar Mitzva in September. All I can say is it's convenient. If you want to reserve, I would do it pronto.
Those other places call for a hike (Mamilla) and some of the guests may not be up to it.
For my bar mitzvas at the kotel, we had a brunch afterwards. Once at a hotel in the city, and once at the Botanical Gardens. But planning something like that takes a lot of effort...
Between the Arches is a great venue for this type of thing, and minimal work. They can set up a mic for speeches, and you can bring in a DJ with an organ etc. The space is not big at all. 30 people will fill it nicely. With around 60 at the bar mitzva I went to, it was unpleasantly crowded.

greentiger

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 12:33 pm
slushiemom wrote:
There is a new outdoor mall right outside the old city, and there is a dairy branch of Cafe Rimon there. The food is great, it's spacious and the view is gorgeous!! Mazal Tov!

Mamilla is gorgeous and really not far. Rimon is spacious but every time I pass there are lines winding around the block so its probably a good idea to reserve anyways.

ABC

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 12:39 pm
--

Last edited by ABC on Sun, Jul 05 2009, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

tinker-belle

Post Tue, Nov 11 2008, 4:23 pm
Do these restaurants have websites/ e mail addresses or phone numbers? I appreciate everyone's help.

Imaonwheels

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 4:33 am
rest.co.il has all of them and for manhy have a menu. Often they have the English menu as well. You can search by city, kosher or mehadrin, etc.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 4:40 am
ABC wrote:
where exactly is between the arches? and what's the hechsher? is it michik?

If you come away from the Kotel, on the men's side, there is an arched tunnel on your right. It's just down that passage. Past the security check. Mehadrin. Dairy and fish.

buzzinmom

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 4:48 am
I really like between te arches I just ate there like 3 months ago so its prbbly still there, I know they actually cater bar mitzvah and set up a whole buffet....so it may be convenient for a small crowd. o and the decor there is really cool u feel like ur on an arceological dig site...good luck

ABC

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 2:06 pm
thanks! anyone know the actual address or phone number?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions